Name server: point website from another register?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Lupi, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Lupi

Lupi Member

I have 5 servers,(ispconfig multi servers, debian wheezy) and everything works ok. My two ns servers, are pointed via register, and they work. So I have ns1.xxxx.com and ns2.xxx.com pointed to my domein www.xxxx.com. My mail.xxxx.com , db.xxx.com, and web.xxx.com are working nice. Also i have few websites somewhere else which i point with ip adress in dns from them register. It's working nice to.
    From another country someone will host his domein on my server. By his register, he can change name servers ns1, ns2 and he can't point his domein througt dns pointig with ip address.
    My question is: if i give him my ns1.xxxx.com and ns2.xxx.com to change by his register, he will be pointed to ip of my servers.How i can host his website in ispconfig? To be clear with my question, is this passible, and how i have to configurate his website on my server. With dns, or just make website, .... I'm not clear about this.
    Thank's

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If he is able to register auth-dns for his domain, then it´s possible to you your dns.

3. Lupi

Lupi Member

I sow sort formulier where he can set ns1 and ns2... what is not clear for me is next: if i make dns for his site, must i make a records pointing ns1 and ns2 of my name servers, just on same way, as i pointed my domein ?? My name servers are registrated by my domein.
    Just can you explane me is something different what i have to put in dns for his site. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. If you want to use your own nameservers and manage them by ISPconfig, if that is what I understand from your question, you need to do some steps:
    • Change the nameservers from the registrar where his domain is registered to your custom nameservers ns1 and ns2.
    • Add the domain he bought, into your ISPconfig panel with ns1 and ns2 to your nameservers. (With the domain wizard)
    • Add any A record you like and this should work.
    Hope this will help you.

5. Lupi

Lupi Member

I,m going to do it again, and I let you know... thank's

6. Lupi

Lupi Member

With lot of changes, it's work....yes :)