Need advice on rearranging a server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wxman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. wxman

wxman New Member

I'm running two physical servers with two Xen virtual nodes on each of them. One is for load balancer and failover, the other is a LAMP server setup with ISPConfig 3. What I've decided to do is get rid of the load balancer/failover on it's own node. I want to just run heartbeat along with the LAMP server. My problem is, can I do that without having to reinstall ISPConfig, or worse, my whole server?

ISPConfig is now using the shared IP address of the load balancer, so I guess that I need to changes that to the local IP that I had for node the server was on. I'm going to be running at least three SSL certificates, and I have the public IP's for them already. I think I understand that I just add them to the server IP list in the ISPConfig interface? When I did that before it kept showing errors that there were no virtual servers for that IP address, so I hope the new setup will work easier. Do I also have to add extra local IP's to go with the public ones, or will ISPC only need the one local IP I have for it already?

If there's anything I'm missing about this, I would appreciate the advice before I take the plunge.

On a related question. When setting up SSL, I get that you generate the request, and use it to order your new certificate. When you get the certificate sent back it comes with the certificate, and a gd bundle. I assume the bundle goes into the SSL Bundle box, but does the issues certificate get pasted into the 'SSL Certificate' box? I ask this because when I went back to do this, something was already in the 'SSL Certificate' box. Also, do I set up a completely separate site for the SSL? What I mean is so there would be a regular site and a separate one for the SSL under the same domain.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. wxman

wxman New Member

I have this working for the most part. I didn't have to do much of anything to make it work. All I really did was change the server IP in the Ispconfig interface.