Need to find where the admin port is set

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by User4572, Aug 13, 2020.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, so you seem to have created a website in ispconfig that uses the same domain name that you manually configured in the ispconfig vhost as exclusive domain for ISPConfig or you added some redirects that must override the manually altered ispconfig vhost or using wildcards or wildcard subdomains to override the ispconfig vhost. The result must be that ispconfig becomes inaccessible as any other software or website would become inaccessible if you do not use a dedicated port or domain/subdomain.

In the same way you accessed it before. This depends on how you manually altered things as your setup is in no way a normal or standard ISPConfig setup anymore.

You should really consider this as all the trouble you have now is not related to ISPConfig in any way, its solely caused by your manual changes in how the server is set up.

SSK likes this.
  2. SSK

SSK Member

@Till: "You should really consider this as all the trouble you have now is not related to ISPConfig in any way, its solely caused by your manual changes in how the server is set up."

I will certainly work on changing the port. However, my first target is to get the Config panel working and accessible to address other website related issues first.

====================================================================================

"Ok, so you seem to have created a website in ispconfig that uses the same domain name that you manually configured in the ispconfig vhost as exclusive domain for ISPConfig or you added some redirects that must override the manually altered ispconfig vhost or using wildcards or wildcard subdomains to override the ispconfig vhost. The result must be that ispconfig becomes inaccessible as any other software or website would become inaccessible if you do not use a dedicated port or domain/subdomain."

This part exactly captures the issue in hand.

===================================================================================

Steps to be taken:
    Sym link in question: 100-comedaddymummy.com.vhost -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/comedaddymummy.com.vhost

1. rm 100-comedaddymummy.com.vhost
    2. Access the config panel from https://comedaddymummy.com/login
    3. Do the necessary steps from then on

Is my understanding right?
    ==================================================================================

3. SSK

SSK Member

@till: It has been resolved.

I had to change the default vhost file settings and that did the trick. I did not delete the symlink.There is still issue with redirect, which should be fixed soon. However, the good news is that the portal is working now.

Have a good weekend !!

ahrasis likes this.