Need to uninstall before reinstall

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by skeeta, Aug 22, 2005.

1. skeeta

skeeta ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I removed/deleted some sites and had trouble when trying to add them again so I started deleting records in the ispconfig database which referenced the "deleted" sites and users, deleted the ispconfig directories, removed all references from my DNS, deleted ispconfig generated users and groups and tried unpacking and reinstalling ispconfig.

Unfortunately after 3 attempts I still can't get it to work :mad:
    I played around with, and even omitted, Vhosts_ispconfig.conf but ended up with "NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.103:80 has no VirtualHosts" errors and when I try to run ispconfig I get a connection terminated unexpectantly error.

I'm guessing that other programs configured during initial installation are giving me grief but I am not game to go hunting for them as I dont REALLY know what I'm doing :D .

Is there a cleanup script or guide to un-install ispconfig.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess you didn't remove the deleted sites from the recycle bin. That's why you couldn't re-create them. BTW, the recycle bin is described in the documentation: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/manual_en/manual_reseller_en_src.htm#3_4_3 :rolleyes:

To un-install ISPConfig:
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/uninstall
    and if that doesn't help:
    Code:
    rm -fr /root/ispconfig
    rm -fr /home/admispconfig