.net applications on a Linux server with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Just quriousity:
    I know that Apache can run .net aplications with Chilisoft, Apache::ASP, or modmono.

Does anyone have any experience one of these software packages on an ISPConfig server? Are there recommendations, about which package to use and how to install them.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I haven't tried any of them...

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

For commercial reasons, it would be nice if ISPConfig supports the hosting of .asp/.net sites/applications. (Like we do have for Ruby right now). Some clients don't choose for Linux hosting, because there is no support for .asp/.net.
    Will there be support for .asp/.net in future releases of ISPConfig2 or 3?

A howto, which explains how to setup support for .asp/.net is very welcome as well.
    Is it planned to publish such howto?

(I am able to make a setup for myself, but i don't know the recommended solution in combination with ISPConfig).

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I expect that we will support mod_mono in future. mod_mono is the linux version of asp.NET. I think that the old asp version, which is a complete different software then asp.NET, will not be requested by customers anymore.

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Great!
    It would be nice if ISPConfig supports asp.NET, like it does now for Ruby and Python.

It would be one more reason not to chose for Windows hosting!