New developer concern - why a not Git

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by jan.koprowski, May 6, 2011.

1. markc

markc Member

The 3.0.5.2 update went well for me on my main server. Congrats on a smooth release.

Now, feel free to pick up the Github repo addition when you and all others involved have recovered :)

I've stopped all development plans until the Github repo is ready.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I will prepare the github repo for the migration in the next few days.

3. grungy

grungy Member

4. till

No, every registered user should be able to do a merge request. Do you get an error when you try to create one?

5. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Thats true, but you can only create merge request from a repository that is a fork of the original repo. Not if you created a new repo and imported the data by hand.

6. grungy

grungy Member

Please see attached screenshot. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.06.09 PM.jpg

7. till

Thats strange. And you created thegrungy/ispconfig3 repository with the fork function in gitlab?

8. grungy

grungy Member

Yes I did.

9. till

Ok, thats strange, as it works fine for other users. I will try to find out what might cause this.

10. grungy

grungy Member

Till, deleted the repo and did a fork again, now I am able to do merge requests.

11. till

Ok, thank you for the info.

12. grungy

grungy Member

Attached Files:

13. till

We are working on a new theme for ispconfig based on bootstrap too and bootsrap will then be delivered together with ispconfig. This is possible as far as I know as the apache license is a non viral license, so bsd licensed code and apache licensed code can coexist. As alternative, you can use the bootstrap cdn in your theme.

14. grungy

grungy Member

Cool, that's great. When do you plan to release your bootstrap theme. Where can I check the progress?

15. till

The new theme is planned for ISPConfig 3.0.6 (the next major release). The code is not checked in thepublic repository yet, you will find it then in the master branch of the ispconfig git server.

We plan to do a major cleanup of the html code, so the first parts we are working on is the form and list generator code to produce the new html style.