New ISPConfig module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by cwispy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

My plan in future is to fork project (privatly ?) and fix Multiserver functions, as today, it does not work at all for me.
    Had a test period of WHMCS for another project, but that is in ice for the moment.

2. Entangled

Entangled Member

I have been using WHMCS and ISPConfig for years. I have also "played" around using this plugin ... yeah, it sort-of works ... I have no desire to go full blown with WHMCS + cPanel ... too costly for me ... I rather develop a WHMCS ISPConfig plugin with the same functionality of a WHMCS + cPanel ...

Does anybody here have the knowledge of WHMCS + ISPConfig + this plugin and the time that I can hired to develop and support a purchased version of a WHMCS ISPConfig module using this plugin as an example or a starting point?

I want to get this WHMCS ISPConfig plugin project moving forward ASAP.

All comments / suggestion are welcome ...

felan likes this.
  3. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

I second this.

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

we've looked at it a few times, our biggest issue with this plugin is that every new domain / website etc gets added as a new user in ispconfig, even if they're all purchased by a single whmcs user. our developers thought they'd found how to fix that.

problem is every time we start looking at it, our developers then get pulled away to start working on actual paid work.
    we could be interested if people are willing to cover the costs for our development time.

felan likes this.
  5. felan

Sounds interesting. If you can fill our needs with connecting whmcs with ispconfig, I think we will be interested. I will get back to you on this, after my vacation.

6. nokia80

nokia80 Member

yes i want to pay, we need a good working plugin!

7. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

The module is not dead. There is a couple of issues which have been reported that I have not had time to look at yet. Though they do not seem to be affecting our systems.

If there is enough demand for a commercially supported version of this plugin, I will see what I can do to set up a commercial offering which dedicated devs who can maintain and support the module.

8. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

cwispy,
    Interested in a commercial version.

9. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi cwispy
    Interested in a commercial version!
    vote?

10. felan

Hi cwispy.
    That would be a great thing! That would mean we could avoid switching away from ispconfig.

11. onastvar

onastvar Member

I would also be interested, thank you!

12. blacklevel

blacklevel Member

How to fix log in links in ispcfg product template:
    Login To
    - Webmail
    - phpMyAdmin

These links redirect to myhostingwebsite.tld/webmail and myhostingwebsite.tld/phpmyadmin.
    Actualy needed to redirect to client website/ or server/ where hostining account is..
    Im using multiserver setup, and my clients have webmail and phpmyadmin in servers where hosted, not in my whmcs website server..

Please help..

13. blacklevel

blacklevel Member

How to fix:
    Client area -> Server Name
    Hosting Welcome email -> Server Name

These wallues shows control panel server name, not actual server name where client website hosted.

As specifed in updated ispcfg3 instructions, I have added only main server (with control panel hosted) in whmcs > Servers.
    Im using multiserver setup.

Please help...

14. blacklevel

blacklevel Member

How to fix:
    DNS A records inacurate when website provisioning.
    Domain, www, mail A records created as "{IP}" instead of actual server IP addres (website hosted)
    All these errors Im geting when updated to newest version of ispcfg module for whmcs...
    :(((

15. Ho2x

Ho2x New Member

strange, because I don't have as much problem ...

16. linuxim

linuxim New Member

I also get this error :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver)) ISPConfig 3.1
    WHMCS 7.9.1
    HELP!

17. linuxim

linuxim New Member

It would not be so bad if it was possible to fix it from the whmcs panel, and then when you try to fix it, we get an error "Zone is required"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

What DNS backend are you using? Also, look in the WHMCS Module log for the Action "createprednszone" when you add a zone and see what it returns. It should be in the format of
    DNS Template
    ID
    Template #
    Zone
    IP Address
    dns server 1
    dns server 2
    soa email address
    eg: "DNS Template 131 1 example.com 10.0.136.17 ispcfg3-dns1.local ispcfg3-dns2.local [email protected]"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  19. linuxim

linuxim New Member

DNS is not the biggest problem. You can just disable the creation of the zone. The problem is that the FTP DNS MAIL editor does not work in WHMCS. It turns out that you can only manage from the ISPconfig3 panel. The only solution so far is to remove the domain management menu from WH altogether
    [​IMG]

20. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

A lot of these issues are now fixed, but there is still a few to resolve. There may be others, I have not gone through each function in detail yet. Most of the fixes have come from rolling back the changes I made when I was trying to diagnose an issue with our install of ispconfig.

These are the things not working as of this last commit.
    - Database creation
    - Database update
    - Database user update
    - Cron job add