New ISPConfig module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by cwispy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

(ns1.domain.tld,ns2.domain.tld,webmaster,1,123.123.123.123) is the correct format.

2. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

OK, that's the format, but it are those values ok to use? Because each new client will have different details, so are these used just for triggering the particular zones of the dns template? If so then I don't recognise the (webmaster) syntax, what zone dose that represent?

3. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

The webmaster, is the soa email contact name which will get the clients domain name appended to it, so it becomes [email protected], or in the zone file it is webmaster.domain.tld.

4. budgierless

OK so in the dns syntax section I copied this into it from the example:
    (ns1.domain.tld,ns2.domain.tld,webmaster,1,123.123.123.123) was that right or it ment to be custom settings added, if so then I'm stuck here?

Is this webmaster soa a default setting or a zone that had to be custom added?
    Is that ok or do I need to do anything else? If all 3 questions are answered then I would be ok

5. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Im not sure I quite understand what you are asking here. Those settings should match your environment for the package.

So NS1 will be the fqdn of your first name server. NS2 will be the fqdn of your second name server. webmaster will be the username part of the soa email you want to use, for example I use hostmaster. The template is not actually used, so I should remove it, but it may be used again at a later date. The IP is the server which the apex record will be pointed to, normally the website server.

6. budgierless

I think i get what you mean, basically add real/existing details into that field in that order,
    i assumed its was on about dns zone stuff like www, mail, ns1 etc.
    not sure why that section is their if i already ticked use dns template, would its not be better to have it ask which dns template to use? and if their is more server info needed then make a new field for that??

7. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

At the moment there is no direct function that allows us to reference a dns template. When the new version of ISPConfig comes out that allows us to simply extend the built in classes by adding files to a folder, we will look to extend things so that we can just reference a template instead of needing to fill in all these details.

budgierless likes this.
  8. budgierless

Oh I see, ok i will PM about my dns syntax
    thanks

9. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

S0ft and budgierless like this.
  10. budgierless

OUTSTANDING, excellent, yes this just confirms what i have done so far was right, and for future users, it should be easy setup now.
    the only thing i did wrong was click all fields for remote user including openZV even tho im not using it.

11. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

It does not hurt to tick all the options for the remote user. In fact it will only help if we extend functionality in the future to have everything selected.

budgierless likes this.
  12. budgierless

ok will leave all as ticked :)
    thanks cwispy

13. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

cwispy,

Your updated wiki helped a lot. Got everything working. Thanks for the excellent job on the module and the documentation. You should put a paypal donate link somewhere on the wiki. I know how much work all this stuff is.

budgierless likes this.
  14. budgierless

agreed, i have suggested this also.

15. arkehost

arkehost New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, i'm following this thread and i'm very glad you developed this plugin. I want to test it but it is also the first time i'm going to setup whmcs with ispconfig. my newbie question is: did you setup whmcs as standalone witout ispc or is it possibile to install it as a site under a ispc server that is going to be part of the whmcs group server?

16. budgierless

Whmcs is a standalone web application, install it is like installing any website, when your done with that just follow the steps on the wiki, if you still need help after that just ask.

cwispy likes this.
  17. arkehost

arkehost New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok, thank you very much!

18. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have now added a donate link to the wiki.

19. nokia80

nokia80 Member

Hello all,
    this functie work already?
    Enable the account once created?

i hope so:)

20. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Yes it does.