New ISPConfig module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by cwispy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

cwispy,

Was thinking tracking the amount of load was too much work, but you can find the number of websites on each webserver and install the webserver on the server with the least amount of websites so they would eventually all balance out. Here is a thread I started but I am not enough of a programmer to know how to do that.

https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...of-websites-on-each-server.69935/#post-329327

While its true some websites are larger the others, most are about the same size and as servers fill up you can remove those servers from the whmcs group. No outside tracking of the load like disk space or activity, but some more remote api code to figure out the question: of the webservers in the whmcs group, which has the least amount of websites on each and install the new website your creating on that server. Was thinking of just separate webservers in a multiserver setup, but you might be able to do the same for separate email and db servers if you could define a function to do this.

Keep up the great work!!

2. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi all
    i get this error i have the last update of your module

SOAP Error: Could not connect to host

thanks

3. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

Looks like your host is reacheble or you will be blocked...

4. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Like gOOvER says, whmcs can not connect to your ISPConfig host. Make sure your ISPConfig URL in WHMCS is set to hostname : port and not http://hostname:port/... So it will be something like 1.2.3.4:8080

nokia80 likes this.
  5. nokia80

nokia80 Member

Thanks

6. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Just committed another update which implements code to balance websites across multiple web servers. All you have to do is add multiple web servers into your WHMCS server group and the module will choose the server with the least number of websites. If you add a new web server to your server group, it will get all the websites until such time as it has the same number of websites as another server in the group.

gOOvER likes this.
  7. AVG

AVG Member

Unfortunately this is't help :(
    When i create new FTP user manuali from ISPConfig, after WHMCS suspended accaunt, a newly created FTP user remains active.

8. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Are you creating the new FTP account as the client, or as the admin? When a user creates a new ftp account, the ftp user becomes <user>username. But if you create the user as an Admin, you can choose whatever name you like which cant be searched for easily to be suspended.

9. AVG

AVG Member

Yes, a'm creating FTP user by the client.
    The problem has been in FTP user prefix, because in ISPConfig FTP user prefix i had f[CLIENTID], i was changed that to [CLIENTNAME] and now everything is working as it should.
    Many many thank you cwispy for your help.

10. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

New DNS changes are awesome. This really does make the site creation 100% hands free for me. Had to make a few tweaks to fit my setup but your code is easy to read and modify.

Also the webserver load balancer works great. Started with 2 servers adding a few new websites and then added a 3rd server to the workgroup and it works exactly as you said. Truly awesome combo, whmcs + ispcfg3 + ispconfig. Controlling the servers via the whmcs server groups was a great idea.

cwispy likes this.
  11. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. The change of prefix might be something from a previous version. I will make a note in the documentation about that.

12. MMProjects

MMProjects New Member

Modul Befehl Fehler
    SOAP Error: username_error_empty<br />

can anyone help me?

thanks

13. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

That means the username and password in the product in whmcs is empty.

14. MMProjects

MMProjects New Member

where in the module settings from the product?
    there is no field with username or password

because i have follow all points of your wiki, but its not working.

sorry for my bad english im from germany

15. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

And see here: At the beginning ;)
    http://www.cwispy.com/gitimages/ispcfg3_product_config.png

Sorry for German:

Schau auf dem Bild ganz oben ..... das sollte es sein :)

16. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

In the WHMCS product for your user.

Screenshot - 100515 - 16:14:24.png

17. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

Just an update that I have tested the module against whmcs version 6 and its all working still, so there will be no issues upgrading once the new version of whmcs is released.

webguyz likes this.
  18. AVG

AVG Member

Hello cwispy.
    Another thing that i have found.
    I was created new account under WHMCS with hosting plan, but without domain, domain field i was left empty.
    Then i have accepted order but with unchecked option Run Module Create.
    After some days WHMCS suspended that account because the bill was unpaid.
    The module was shown an Error: SOAP Error: looks like we got no XML document
    After that i was saw that in ISPConfig absolutely all ftp users (even those who belong to other accounts) was disabled.
    When i was mannuali unsuspended that account in WHMCS, all users was enabled in ISPConfig.

19. cwispy

cwispy Active Member

The account that did not have a domain in whmcs, does it have a username in whmcs?

20. AVG

AVG Member

No, it doesn't.