New Site Errors

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Gr1mR33fer, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Gr1mR33fer

Gr1mR33fer New Member

I am some what new to ISPCOnfig - So give me a break.

I followed the instructions on: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-s...2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

and installed to my AWS EC2 Instance.

I have been using it for a couple weeks, running about 6 or 7 websites that dont really do much.

Today I added a new site, it seemed to go ok - until I tried logging into a newly created FTP account for the new domain.

After some digging I found a bunch of stuff stuck in the Jobqueue, and some "Symlink" errors.
    I ran "sudo rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock" and restarted apache. It seemed to clear it up.

So i tried adding a dummy site. Now the "Symlinks" look like this:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Sep 4 22:17 web[website_id] -> /var/www/clients/client0/web24/

Can anyone help?

2. Gr1mR33fer

Gr1mR33fer New Member

I should have added - Now when I add a new site - and try to visit it i get:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  3. Gr1mR33fer

Gr1mR33fer New Member

ALSO- Not sure if it helps - I also can no longer create MySQL DBs or Users, unless I run $ "sudo rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock" and restart apache - then it works - But i have to do this every time...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  4. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

You receive these messages as you changed the loglevel to debug on your system. To change the loglevel back to error, go To system > server config and set the loglevel to errors.

5. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

In addition to above post after setting the values To system > server config restart the apache and it should work normally.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means that the server process dies and leaves the lock file which prevents further updates. To find the reason for that, please enable debugging like srijan suggested. Here are detailed instructions (last chapter of the page):

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58408

run server.sh in debug mode after you cleared the lock file and post the output that you get on the shell.

7. Gr1mR33fer

Gr1mR33fer New Member

OK. I created a new database, and new user. Got stuck in JobQueue.

I ran:
    $ sudo rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    $ sudo /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    05.09.2014-20:36 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    05.09.2014-20:36 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

8. till

Thats ok. Have the users been created now?

9. Gr1mR33fer

Gr1mR33fer New Member

After deleting the lock file yes.

10. till

Ok. Then something must have interrupted a run of the server.sh script so that it could not finish and delete the .lock file. If it works now, then everything should be fine.