New Site not Displaying!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cybereatl, Feb 20, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi there, After perform a ISPConfig install, everything is working now I went to register one domain as an official nameserver ns1.domain.info and ns2.domain.info and added the ip's for each nameserver.

Then I went to create a site and added a domain for that customer, I did that on friday but is monday and site is not running.

On my server I did: dig www.asesoriasit.net and I got:
    ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

and then when I use dig asesoriasit.net
    ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

I got same thing, but when I check on Godaddy's record is pointing to ns1.asesoriasit.info with ip 200.89.230.204.

Kind of lost!!!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you create DNS records for your domain?
    What are the authoritative name servers for your domain?

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi Falko!!
    At the begining I did not create DNS record!
    the authoritative name server that I create ns1.asesoriasit.info 200.89.230.204 ns2.asesoriasit.info 200.89.230.203 and godaddy tooked ok.

Then I set the name server for asesoriasit.net as ns1.asesoriasit.info and ns2.asesoriasit.info

Still waiting to see something, when I go to http://200.89.230.204 shows shared ip, but unable to see asesoriasit.net!!!

Thanks for any tips!!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not browse websites in ISPConfig by IP. If you use the IP you will always get he shared IP page. You must use the domain of the web, e.g. http://www.asesoriasit.net

5. falko

6. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

You see!!!!

That's my problem!!! everybody can see my sites but not me!!!!

How do I supouse to run a site if on my local computer don't show up!!!

I'll try at to see if am able to see asesoriasit.net

Thanks

7. falko

Which nameservers do you use on your local computer? Maybe you should use different ones.
    If your server is in the same local network than your client PC, then it's possible that your router doesn't support loopbacks into your local network.

8. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Server is in: 200.89.230.204 and 203 router is in 202 and other clients use Dynamic DHCP! It might affect??

Also can you Install SquirreMail to be used with ISPConfig ?? and phpmyadmin how to integrate it?? I've check on manual and refers https://www.yourdomain.com:81/webmail and https://www.yourdomain.com:81/phpmyadmin but need some guidance before mess configuration up.

Thanks for the patience!!!

9. falko

You can use phpMyAdmin ( http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/phpmyadmin-2.6.4-pl3.pkg ) and Webmail ( http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/webmail.pkg ) from the ISPConfig web site and install them in ISPConfig using the Update function: Management -> Update Manager -> Update.
    But the webmail is Uebimiau, not Squirrelmail. If you want to use Squirrelmail, you can create a web site in ISPConfig for it and then install Squirrelmail in that web site.
    Or you install it in a new folder in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web, then it will be served by ISPConfig's Apache on port 81.

10. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Well I must said that am happy now, I've seen webmail and phpmyadmin installed as simple as a three clicks.

What happen if I create a database for one of my users directly on phpmyadmin, rather than use what ISPConfig suggest me.
    ie. DB Name: web10_db4 DB User: web10_u2
    db name: site00_mambo user: site00_adm

Can that work for several sites being site00, site01, site02, etc.

Also what will be the proper Pop3 and smtp settings for email clients?

pop.domainname.net and smtp.domainname.net ??

Thanks

11. till

You can use the ISPCOnfig functions to create mySQL datanbases or PHPMyadmin. Just use the interface you prefer :)

That depends on your DNS settings. You can use any domain that oints zo the IP of your server, you can even use the IP itself.

If you create A-Records or Cname-Records for pop.domainname.net and smtp.domainname.net in the authoritive nameserver for domainname.net hat point to your server, you can use pop.domainname.net and smtp.domainname.net as pop3 and smtp server for your clients.

12. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

If I got it right when I create an new site I need to check DNS and DNS-MX then I can use pop: mail.domain.net and smtp: mail.domain.net

Thank you

13. till

No.

1) You server has to be authoritive for the domain domain.net.
    2) If 1 is true, you will have to create the A-Records for pop and smtp in the ISPConfig DNS-Manager.

Checking the create DNS and DNS MX checkboxes creates only a SOA record and an MX record.

14. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

So I need to add a A-record from ns1.asesoriasit.info a record, but what am concern is I was looking on Godaddy on Domain Host Summary and there is no place to add A or MX Records??

Should I remove from domain set to ns1.asesoriasit.info and ns2.asesoriasit.info Nameservers and see if there will exist A and MX records without causing asesoriasit.net to be down??

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  15. till

Is godaddy the authoritive nameserver for your domain or is your local server authoritive?

16. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Humm am kind of confused, let me break it down:
    I own 3 domains for asesoriasit. the .info is set as official nameserver and is ns1.asesoriasit.info - 200.89.230.204 and ns2.asesoriasit.info - 200.89.230.203. I never add A or Mx record to any domain because I use previously cpanel webhost manager, now that I move out to ISPConfig want it to know what to do to be able to set email clients as cpanel did mail.yourdomain.com for incoming and outgoing.

I hope that it makes more clear my question.
    Thanks

17. falko

You must create an A record for mail.yourdomain.com that points to your ISPConfig system, then your users can use mail.yourdomain.com as incoming and outgoing mail server.