New sites are being created with 711 instead of 775

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tortib, Dec 15, 2014.

1. tortib

tortib Member

Hello,

I just created a new site with a new user and It's creating the web dir with the permissions as 711 which makes it impossible for scripts such as Softaculous to work with it since it has to have write permissions for it to copy over the script files. If I chmod the web dir to 775 it works without issues. Please help me resolve this issue asap. I'm willing to edit code to get it working, just tell me the line number and file and I will make the necessary changes.

Thank you for your assistance.

2. tortib

tortib Member

I just checked the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/system.inc.php file and the perms are indeed set to 755...I don't know why my folders are being created as 711 ; my umask is set to 022 for root and for regular users.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

About which exact folder are you talking, a website consists of several folders.

The "web" folder has to have permissions 711, with 775 permisions, other clients can access data of websites that they dont own. Beside that 711 permisiosn are absolutely fine, the ispconfig aps installer works with it too, so other software that installs applicatiosn should be working as well if it is implemented correctly.

4. tortib

tortib Member

Primarily 'web'.
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root  root     4.0K Dec 15 01:51 .
    drwxrwxr-x 3 root  root     4.0K Dec 15 01:51 ..
    drwxrwxr-x 2 web46 client27 4.0K Dec 15 01:51 cgi-bin
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root  root     4.0K Dec 15 01:51 log
    drwx--x--- 2 web46 client27 4.0K Dec 15 01:51 private
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root  root     4.0K Dec 15 01:51 ssl
    drwxrwx--- 2 web46 client27 4.0K Dec 15 01:51 tmp
    drwx--x--x 3 web46 client27 4.0K Dec 15 01:51 web
    drwx--x--- 2 web46 client27 4.0K Dec 15 01:51 webdav

5. till

Thats the correct permissions.

6. till

If you want to change them, then you have to edit the apache plugin, line 730 to:

$app->system->chmod($data['new']['document_root'].'/web', 0775);

But please be aware that this is a workaround for a bug ins softacolous that opens your websites for hacks from other clients or hacked client websites, so I wont do that if the server hosts more then 1 customer.

7. tortib

tortib Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm not going to do that because it's a huge security risk like you said. I'm getting with Softaculous support to see what they have to say.

Thank you.