New sites not added to Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? High server loads?

Discussion in 'General' started by jameso, Mar 24, 2007.

1. jameso

jameso New Member

Great - thanks for that.

Upon looking at my server this morning, the server load has jumped up high once again.

At approximately midnight the load jumped from 0.1 to over 3, and has stayed like that for the next 7 hours so far. Once agian, PHP is consuming 34% CPU.

The attached image demonstrates this.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

My crontab file is as follows:
    Code:
    30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
    0 7,19 * * * php /root/mysql_backup/mysql_backup.php >/dev/null 2>&1 

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you see in the output of
    Code:
    and
    Code:
    ps aux
    if it is a specific PHP process that causes the high load?

3. jameso

jameso New Member

Hi Falko,

I have investigated each of the cron jobs, and run each one manually. All run quite quickly, except the /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php cron job.

It is scheduled to run at 11:59pm each night, and as far as I can tell keeps looping through, and (possibly) never finishes.

The output is:
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispcoonfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php on line 115

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php on line 114

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispcoonfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php on line 115

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php on line 114
    The PHP errors keep repeating, and I ended up cancelling the PHP script manually because it never seemed to finish.

This part of the php script is referring to files inside /home/admispconfig/mailstats/. Somehow this seems to be causing the error.

I have disabled this individual cron job, and will see tomorrow morning if the server load is high again over night.

If the load is high again in the morning I will post the output of those two commands.

4. jameso

jameso New Member

Well, disabiling the mail_logs.php cron job seems to have prevented the server load from increasing during the night. The load is currently at 0.2.

I have started a new thread discussing the performance of this cron job.

Thanks everyone for your help!