NFS share for mirror setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Erik Damber, May 26, 2020.

1. Erik Damber

Erik Damber Member

Hello again,

Thanks for all the help so far. I'm trying to setup a NFS share so I can get Lets encrypt to work on a mirror setup. Ive installed nfs-server on the master and client on the slave. I've gotten to this point

Export list for 192.168.11.100:
    /etc/letsencrypt 192.168.11.101
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme 192.168.11.101

Is the /etc/letsencrypt the only folder needed or do I need acme too? From all the guides out there I can only see that you can share it to something like this: sudo mount 203.0.113.0:/var/nfs/general /nfs/general
    Doesn't they have to be an exact match? I want to do it like "mount x.x.x.x:/etc/letsencrypt /etc/letsencrypt or am I way off?

Thanks!

2. Erik Damber

Erik Damber Member

Skipped nfs and used gluster. Both /.well-know/acme-challenge and /etc/letsencrypt is on gluster between the two web servers. Still get the same error with Failed authorization procedure. cluster.kulturhotell.se (http-01): urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization. Is there anyone who has gotten this to work with mirror server setup and Gluster/haproxy? Or is it just an impossible combo maybe

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can mount same directory on /etc/letsencrypt on multiple hosts, but then all those hosts have identical contents in /etc/letsencrypt. This may or may not work.
    You wrote
    Is this the same error you got in #1? You did not mention any error in your first message.
    NFS uses the same user id based permissions as Unix usually does. So what are the owners and group owners of those files and directories you try to access? Are the NFS mounts done as root or as some particular user? This same thing may apply to glusterfs, I do not know much about that.