no automatic response

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Oct 19, 2023.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    I'm back with a weird problem, I'm trying to configure an automatic response and when I do a test, I get no feedback, do you have any idea on the problem?
    Yours faithfully
    Michel

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can you share how you set up the autoresponder and mail log around sending a email to this account?

3. misterm

Hello
    Here's the configuration in French, sorry:
    [​IMG]
    This is all I have in the logs, nothing else:
    Mz

4. Th0m

The error is already in the log: "discarding vacation response to mailinglist recipient". So it seems like the address sending to this mailbox is seen as mailing list/newsletter/ticket system.

misterm likes this.
  5. misterm

You're right, I've just done a gmail test and it works, but via port 127.0.0.1 and not via the server's IP address. Any response?
    Mz

6. Th0m

It is send from localhost (127.0.0.1) but for outgoing traffic, the server's IP is used of course.

7. misterm

I'm going to say no, because when I interrogate the header of the message, it's noted that it's the local address that's sending and not the IP address of the server. Unfortunately, this goes into the spam folder, so it doesn't work.
    Link to a previous message, dated:
    https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/autoresponder-not-using-relayhost.60168/
    Mz

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

9. misterm

Ok till , but when your SPF is correct and it goes directly to the spam folder, how do I explain it to the customer?
    v=spf1 a mx ip4:XXX.XXX.XXX.XX ~all
    One thing Till, why not implement srs in postfix?
    Mz

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Google can put an email for whatever reason into the spam folder, it depends on many things from email contntent to domain or IP reputation. Having a correct SPF is nice, but this does not mean an email can not end up as spam.

You can use posters if you want, ISPConfig uses a fairly standard postfix setup, google for posters and set it up. Personally, I do not want to use posters on my systems as it can ruin your server sender reputation, but you can find a thread on that topic here: https://forum.howtoforge.com/thread...ot-dkim-sign-forwarded-messages-solved.87742/

11. misterm

or its good check spf