No database user can be created

Discussion in 'General' started by Stefan666, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Stefan666

Stefan666 New Member

Hi,

I have already noticed in version 3.2.2 that a database user can be created in the web interface via the menu [Websites] -> [Database User], but it is not created on the database.
    I previously had the version 3.1.x and there it still worked.
    And also today after the update to 3.2.5 this database user is not created.

Normally I see the number of created jobs in the upper area of the search field with every change. But also there no new job appears when a user is created.

Can someone help here?

Greetings
    Stefan

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's perfectly fine. Database users get created when you add a database that uses this database user, that's the case since ISPConfig exists, so nothing new in 3.2. So, to get your database user, click on new database, enter a database name, select database server and website and select the database user. When you click safe, you will notice that the database gets created and also the database user gets created.

4. till

When you added the database and neither the database nor the database user got added, then you have probably a wrong MySQL root password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

5. Stefan666

Stefan666 New Member

Yes, I have now managed to do it successfully.
    That is exactly what I wanted to do. Create a database with one user. But in the form for a database, there was no database user visible in the dropdown. So I had created a database user first. Then I went back to the form for databases. But the created user was still not visible in the dropdown. Only after I selected a website in the dropdown, the database users were displayed.

Actually I wanted to provide only one database with one database user. A website was not planned. Unfortunately, this is not recognizable in the form that it is a mandatory field.

My workaround was now to create a dummy website and select it. Then it also works.

Thanks for the hint!

Probably it is not planned to provide a database without a website.

Many greetings
    Stefan

6. till

That's indeed the case. The website is required as the database is backed up through the website backup and it is also required to set permissions for the database user when you have multiple servers.