No iconbar for resellers within ISPConfig 2.2.9

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

At the moment i am busy with translating the English ISPConfig Reseller manual into Dutch.

I have noticed that within ISPConfig version 2.2.9 the Interface for resellers is not complete anymore.
    Directy Under the menubar there should be an iconbar with the buttons "New client", "New site", "New folder" and "Search".
    They are not there anymore. The whole iconbar is gone.
    It does not matter which language i choose, the iconbar does not show up.

Can anyone confirm this? And if so, i guess this is a bugg which needs to be fixed for the new upcoming version.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It's working for me.
    Is it possible you have a syntax error in one of your language files (maybe a forgotten " or something like that?)? That would prevent the images from being loaded if the error occurs before the images are loaded.
    Please right-click the area where the images would normally appear and take a look at the source code. Do you see a PHP error somewhere?

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Falko, i am still checking what could be wrong, but i have one question:

Some strings are within " " and some of them are between ' '.
    This is the case in all the language files (i mean in de.lng, en.lng and so on).

What is the difference between " " and ' ' ?

Can you explain this?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Strings in double quotes are parsed and strings in single quotes are not parsed.

Example. If you have a variable $name in PHP, this variable contains "Hans".

If you output:

echo "Hello $name";

results in: Hello Hans

While:

echo 'Hello $name';

results in: Hello $name

Also escape sequences like \n or \r\n are recognized only in strings that are surrounded by double quotes.

In the language files, we normally do not use the parsing capabilities, so single and double quotes are interchangable in most cases with one exception:

If a string containes a single quote, it must be surrounded by double quotes and vice versa.

Example:

correct "His name is 'Hans' ";
    wrong: 'His name is 'Hans' ';

correct 'His name is "Hans" ';
    wrong: "His name is "Hans" ";

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thank you Till for your detailed information!

I did not find out (yet) why i'wm missing the iconbar, but when i find the clue i will report it here.

6. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

do you use an editor with syntax hilighting? It's very helpful in order to find a missing quote.

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

There appear only a menu with icons on the following positions:

For administrator at: ISP Manager, DNS Manager, Factuur
    For the administrator, there is is no menu with icons available within the modules Management, Web-FTP, Tools & Help.

The menu with icons does not appear at all for Resellers and clients, as you can see on the pictures.

It does not matter which language i choose, during the ISPConfig installation or within the ISPConfig interface after installation.
    There are no menus with icons for resellers and clients.

My question is now: is this normal?
    If it does not look ok, what is ok and what not?

I am not sure about when the menus with icons should appear, because the ISPConfig documentation at http://ispconfig.org/downloads/manual_en/manual_reseller_en_src.htm#3 shows a menu with icons for a reseller.
    But i have not.

I have three servers with ISPConfig and all the servers show the same within the ISPConfig Interface.
    If the situation is not normal, I do not think that typos within the Dutch language pack cause this;
    When i install ISPConfig with another language as default (i.e. English) i have the same result.
    So i also guess that i am not the only one...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  8. falko

Have you tried to remove all Dutch language files? Does that change anything?
    Did you make other modifications to ISPConfig (apart from the language files)?

9. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Falko,

I will do some tests tomorrow by removing the Dutch language files.

I never changed any other file.
    The only files i've changed for translation where the nl.lng files.

I will reply here to tell about my experience

Thanks in advance.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess its not nescessary to remove the files in a first setp, please try first if switching to english language and after thai logging in again will bring up the icons. If this wont help, I recommend to remove the files as Falko suggested.

11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Today, i've updated all the Dutch language files for ISPConfig.

I compared the Dutch language files with the English ones.
    I checked everything to the letter and according my opinion every line looks ok! The only difference between the English and the Dutch language files are the text strings of course for translation.

However, the iconbars for Resellers and clients still does not show up.
    Even when i remove all the Dutch language files and/or when i reinstall ISPConfig 2.2.9 with English as the default language, there is no difference. I mean: any other language has also no iconbars.

So my questions are:
    - Is there an iconbar (menu) for resellers and clients anyway?
    - Is there an iconbar (menu) for administrators available under Management, tools and Web-FTP?

If so, why do they not appear and what can i do else?

Can anyone confirm differences between the available iconbar-menu's between the Dutch and other languages?

12. falko

Maybe you forgot to escape ' or " within the Dutch strings? For example,

PHP:
    $wb['example'] = 'Joe's car is fast.';
    would cause a syntax error, whereas
    PHP:
    $wb['example'] = 'Joe\'s car is fast.';
    is correct.

There is an iconbar for resellers, but not for clients.

No.

13. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Ok Falko,
    I wil check that too!

Thanks.

14. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Falko,

I did it. :) Within the attachment you see the result.
    Thanks for you explanation.
    The Dutch language pack is up to date again and looks nice!
    I updated my modifications to SVN.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.