No log entries

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by milvet, May 21, 2006.

1. milvet

milvet New Member

The weblog that ispconfig created has stopped updating. I have no entires for the past 5 days. I have noticed that the sys access_log does contain these enties. I also noticed that the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf entry for the domain does not contain any customlog entries. I also get the following error when running log.php

Warning: readlink(): Invalid argument in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php on line 125

Any help in getting things back to normal would be greatly appreaciated.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What file are you referring to?

3. milvet

milvet New Member

The web log is located at

/home/www/web5/log/2006/05/web.log

Also webalizer reports have also stop showing at the same time.

cron is running and I have verified that the log and webalizer crontabs are scheduled.

web entries are being logged at: /var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log_%Y_%m_%d"

The following customlog entry is in httpd.conf

###############ispconfig_log###############
    LogFormat "%v||||%b||||%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined_ispconfig
    CustomLog "|/root/ispconfig/cronolog --symlink=/var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log /var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log_%Y_%m_%d" combined_ispconfig

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  4. falko

Do the statistics work for your other sites?
    Any errors related to this in your logs?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    repquota -avug | grep web5
    ?

5. milvet

milvet New Member

Currently only one website and no errors in the logs. Only error noted was the manual run for logs.php noted in the first entry of this thread.

repquota -avug | grep web5
    web5_admin -- 54676 0 0 6397 0 0
    web5 -- 54688 256000 256000 6400 0 0

I'm not a Linux guru...just some basic knowledge and I'm not sure what the above means.

Chris

6. falko

It means the the group web5 and the user web5_admin have not exceeded their disk quota so that's not the problem.

What happens when you run

Code:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php
    /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php
    on the shell?

7. milvet

milvet New Member

/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php
    Produces:

Warning: readlink(): Invalid argument in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php on line 125

/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php
    Hangs and does not return to prompt.

8. falko

It can take some time, depending on the size of your web logs.

9. milvet

milvet New Member

The problem is that webalizer and I assume the log.php scripts are accessing an old webid

root 32167 33.7 0.6 7360 2952 pts/0 S+ 16:24 0:11 webalizer -n -s -r -q -T -o /home/www/web1/web/stats -c /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf

I deleted web1 when I first start this server. It should be running on web5. I have cruised thru the 54 mysql tables trying to find references to web1. The only one that I can find is in the "del_status" table where there is two records, one for web1 and the other for web1_admin. They are both is "D" status in the table. Should these be there? There is nothing in any of the recycle bins. Also web1 file structure still exists under /home/www. Does webalizer gets is info from the MySQL tables or some other source.

Chris

10. falko

IT gets part of the info from the file structure in /home/www and part from the MySQL database.

11. milvet

milvet New Member

I believe that I found the problem. There was symlink point to web1 that was screwing things up.

Thanks for the help

Chris

Last edited: May 26, 2006