ns1 ns2 in google and all resolve to one site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nubbyless, Sep 14, 2014.

1. nubbyless

nubbyless New Member

hi i have an ispconfig3 server ive been running for about 4 years with about 6 different domains on it all on shared ip the first site i ever created was cbjunkies.com all was fine until i realized cbjunkies.com is being penalized for duplicate content on google further investigation lead me to the fact that every ns1. and ns2. a record for each domain on the server resolves to cbjunkies.com same thing if i put in a raw ip it will resolve to the first site i created thats fine though i dont care about that though many people told me this is fine and is the way named based hosting on shared ip works but it basically means that the first domain becomes a useless domain google sees as spam is there anyway around this do i simply have dns configured incorrectly i set each domain with their own glue record at registrar and then created ns1.thecurrentdomain.com ns2.thecurrentdomain.com for each domain at the registrar is this incorrect way of doing things

2. nubbyless

nubbyless New Member

update I have reconfigured all the sites to use one domain as a dns server I went to godaddy took domainA.com setup glue record for it setup its dns servers as ns1.domainA.com and ns2.domainA.com then I set all my other domains name servers to ns1 ns2.domainA.com and they all are working and resolving with no more ns2.whateverdomain like I was having before because like this I was able to remove the a ns1 ns2 a records from each domain except for domainA.com I have to leave its ns1 ns2 a records or nothing will know where it is there a way around this as this particular domainA.com will still resolve with ns1 or ns2.domainA.com which I don't want although its better then having 6 sets of ns1 ns2 resolving to one website

3. mafe72

mafe72 New Member

Do you mind writhing an illustrated procedure for this, many of us (with less experience) will benefit from you knowledge, if you willing to do a step by step tutorial.

Thanks!

4. nubbyless

nubbyless New Member

Let me start by saying im not an expert on web hosting I am more into game hosting then webhosting and I use this on my personal server and this may not be the correct way but it is working for me so I have made a you tube video to help any out that needs this

http://youtu.be/yEl294u5JKE

5. mafe72

mafe72 New Member

Thanks for taking the time to make the video, it is very informative. Keep up the good work.