odd access problem

Discussion in 'General' started by t0m5k1, May 20, 2009.

1. t0m5k1

t0m5k1 New Member

Hi there,

i have a issue with a website on ispconfig,

the website is accessable from any connection except from 1 of my 2 home connections!!!

i was wondering if ispconfig has any security for what it may see as possible abuse i ask this because i was running smokeping from the connection upon which i cannot view the site from so my question is really:

have i been barred from the site due to my polling the site via smokeping?

thanks for any answers to this

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig has no such function, so the access must have been blocked by something else.

3. t0m5k1

t0m5k1 New Member

thnx till

it's a right head scratcher this

here is the site:
    http://www.2tomz.co.uk you can prob see this as i have used a plethora of web based proxies to debug this

all other sites on the server are visible no mater what the ip they are quried from!

i have checked the server logs and there is nothing reporting my 2nd IP as blocked!

i checked iptables on the server & it just blocks non web ports except 81 which is locked to admin ip range

i use connection number 1 & i see it
    i use connection number 2 & i dont!!

(connection number 2 is supplied by the isp which host's the site!!)

my hostfile only has local hostnames for my net which are private IP's single word names.

i provide my own DNS (bind9) which has no zones and is a resolving cacher.

my firewall is m0n0wall & has no statements to block this particular server other wise this would affect both connections!

my webserver only has cacti which is on 8080

my desktop has no firewall enabled.

and i use the same browser for both connections.
    i can see it from other connections except my secondary connection :(

very odd indeed

if i do get to the bottom of this i will post resolution details just in case someone else has a similar issue but i doubt that will happen lol

thnx again for the response till

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you dont use a software like fail2ban or so that might have blocked a specific IP? Have you tried to restart the server?