Oops I installed letsencrypt wrong...

Discussion in 'General' started by Stokesy, May 20, 2017.

1. Stokesy

Stokesy Member

Hi - when I installed Letsencrypt/ (Certbot) onto my ubuntu 14.04 server, I accidentally let it attempt the vhost certificates setup. Now it doesn't work and when I tick it for a vhost in ispconfig, it still doesn't work. Is there a way I can reset the configuration so I that ispconfig can do the setup?
    For information: LetsEncrypt managed to setup 3 vhosts correctly (out of the twenty or so hosted) on installation (with apt-get) and the certs are stored in /etc/letsencrypt/archive. I haven't been able to get any other vhosts working with ispconfig.
    Where does ispconfig store certificates when it generates them with letsencrypt? what do I have to remove/edit from apache configuration to get this working? any ideas?
    PS this was complicated by the fact that the certbot server was having problems yesterday and was timing out...

2. Stokesy

Stokesy Member

.... I can add ssl for vhosts by using certbot on the command line, and then ticking the boxes in ispconfig... but I was under the impression that ispconfig had automated the whole process?

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dont mix them, just use ISPC to create LE SSL and to maintain it. Auto renewal could be affected if you create the certs via certbot though ISPC will try to renew all certs.

4. Stokesy

Stokesy Member

Hi ahrasis, that'e the problem - if I just ry to create a certificate with ispconfig, it doesn't work. I am having to manually create certificate with certbot first...