open_basedir restriction in effect

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Akhilleus, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Akhilleus

Akhilleus Member

I'm getting this error on logs of my site

PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/videoList/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web3/tmp:/var/www/example.example.com/web:/srv/www/example.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/view/listFiles.json.php on line 14

2 weeks ago , I have changed the root directory on ISPConfig , DocumentRoot /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/example
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/changing-root-directory.82357/#post-390628

How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to add something on the Tap Option on website on the ISPConfig panel section PHP ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems more to be a problem of your application settings as I'm sure that you do not want to allow a web application to put files into /videoList/ (which is a folder in the global system root and not in your website).

3. Akhilleus

Akhilleus Member

@till basically the application it's an encoder . I have put the videos on /videoList/ and the encoder need to access somehow to the file to take the files . So what you're proposing is to put the videos on a new folder on the rootweb ?

4. Akhilleus

Akhilleus Member

@till still the same error
    PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/video/playList/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web2/private:/var/www/clients/client1/web2/tmp:/var/www/example.example.com/web:/srv/www/example.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/view/listFiles.json.php on line 14

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Typical software problem, definitely not caused by ISPConfig.