Openvpn problem OS: CentOS 5.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mirostz, Mar 5, 2009.

1. mirostz

mirostz New Member

Hello guys I have a very strange problem i can not find anything about it in google. So i want to ask here can someone help me. I have installed and configured everything as i should lzo and openvpn are installed. I have generated all the keys for the server and i have done the server.conf file like this:
    dev tun
    proto tcp
    port 1194

ca ca.crt
    cert server.crt
    key server.key
    dh dh1024.pem

user nobody
    group nogroup
    server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0

persist-key
    persist-tun

#status openvpn-status.log
    #verb 3
    client-to-client

push “redirect-gateway def1″

#log-append /var/log/openvpn
    comp-lzo

my crt and key files are in the same directory as my config file. but when i do
    ]# openvpn –config server.conf
    Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in server.conf:5: ca (2.0.9)
    Use –help for more information.

I get this unusual error and i can not find out why it this happening whats wrong with ca ca.crt line
    Please help me.

2. mirostz

mirostz New Member

Hey guys.
    I found a solution so in case someone has the same problem this will help i hope.

I dont really get why this was happening. But when i was installing openvpn via YUM and make certs and stuff everything went good till that point when i get this error :
    Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in server.conf:5: ca (2.0.9)
    Use –help for more information.

I dont know for what reason it was not working maybe it was not compiling the way it should. All i did was get the openvpn-*.tar.gz and just untar the file.
    tar -zxf openvpn-*.tar.gz
    cd openvpn
    ./configure
    make
    make install
    all went good then i made certs and conf files and everything is fine.

Well i hope this will help to someone who has the same problem if it does pls post reply :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009