Perfect Installation Fedora Core 4

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cybereatl, Feb 7, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Code:
    /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
    You must install gcc. Run
    Code:
    yum search gcc
    and install the appropriate package(s).

2. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

I did yum intall gcc and went ok,
    I runned install HTML::parser and got

/usr/bin/make -- OK

then I ran install DB_File
    and got an error.txt

I runned install Digest::SHA1
    Digest is up to date (2.11)

I runned install Net:: DNS
    Net:: DNS is up to date (0.55)

3 of 4, I think that almost done!!!

There is any place on where you can download "Postfix With SMTP-AUTH And TLS" files without has to be online, my home DSL is not too fast, but at my office is super.. any reference???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  3. falko

4. falko

5. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Cool, thanks Falko!!!
    When you mention ....asked if the default directory /home/www should be the directory where ISPConfig will create websites in. Answer n and enter /var/www as the home directory for websites.

You said that is to run CGI scripts under suExec, what is suExec and present any problem to work with joomla?? or is only to deploy cgi-bin access sites??

Thanks, now moving on to ISPConfig forums, thanks for the help Falko

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

SuExec is for running CGI-Scripts under the website admin user and group instead of the user of the apache webserver (e.g. www-run).

On the first sight, it affects only cgi-scripts that run in the cgi-bin dir. But you can also solve problems with CMS systems like joomla that run with PHP and need write access to some directorys. If you install PHP as PHP-CGI instead of mod_php and have suexec enabled, you can run joomly without having to chmod some directorys wit 777 permissions or chowning them to the apache user.

Falko has just written a howto that explains how you can run PHP4 as CGI:

http://www.howtoforge.com/apache2_with_php5_and_php4

7. jsteurer

jsteurer New Member

I used "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 4 " tut and when I place my Joomla 1.008 installation files into my /var/www/http/my dir and I go to http:// my IP I get php code displayed. It almost seems that I don’t have the PHP installed, but I wen through all of the steps and received no errors.

I didn’t install the ISPconfig , but I installed webmin 1.26.

Any suggestions at all?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The guide prepares the setup of ISPCOnfig, therefor you had to disable PHP beacuse ISPConfig configures PHP on a per website basis.

Have a look at the steps in the howto where you disabled some settings in the apache files and undo these settings. Then restart apache.

9. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

How is your joomla instalation going, am hosting 5 sites runnig joomla using ISPConfig and am having some issues with language packages also with some live support software but am presenting permissions problems and I couldn't get a clean installation of joomla.

Let me know how is working for you, am using fedora core 4 and joomla 1.0.8

Cheers :)

10. jsteurer

jsteurer New Member

Thanks

Thanks all for the help and now it's finially working...

cybereatl - I'm using Joomla 1.08 as well and I went throught the installation with no problem once I was able to view the page. Now I have to add content.

11. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

If you want to share more experiences about joomla, you can visit my forum at www.educandote.com/forums am looking for live support modules for joomla, right now am using hcl but running joomla present some errors.

regards,