perfect-server-centos-5.3-x86_64-ispconfig-3

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by idsinc, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

CPanel?!?! Are you sure that it will work with ISPConfig?

Anyway..... on my research on ISPConfig installation on CentOS.... on my virtual machine with the tutorial worked fine.... and if i remeber exactly you said that you are new in this kind of stuf.... mixing ISPConfig with Cpanel i'm sure that is a serious job.... you just limit to simple facts (BTW i've never tried CPanel.... and never will - all i've got it's enought for me)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. idsinc

idsinc New Member

Well, I just went through the install from the beginning, and I'm hung up in the same place:

Commands:
    (1) rpmbuild -ba postfix.spec
    (2) rpm -ivh postfix-2.3.3-2.1.x86_64.rpm

(1) error: line 150: Bad arg to %patch -p: %package fplogsumm
    (2) error: open postfix-2.3.3.x86_64.rpm failed: no such file or directory

I'm just trying to install this OS, using the tutorial, and I have not had a breakthrough on this... maybe I should use an ISPConfig2 instead? I know this shouldn't be this difficult...my directories are the same as shown in prior in this thread. Why would I be getting these errors? If needs-be, pretend I'm a child... I don't mind... lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  3. cyberw

cyberw New Member

Hi idsinc,

this may not be very helpful, but I had the exact same problem when installing a FC8 with ISPConfig 2, and it was a syntax error in my file when adding the patch listings. I used a l instead of an 1 and when I located and changed my error, all continued as planned. I was using a terminal window when installing and 1 and l appeared exactly the same. perhaps 0 and O are yours?

Good luck.

4. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

I'm sorry about your fail managing to install from the tutorial. May i ask you what version of CentOS you have installed? 5.3 or 5.4?

About the installation of ISPConfig 2 - depends on what you need from the server (try to read about the difference between 2 and 3)

Just because you encountered the same errors - beats me about why it's happens this way.

5. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I changed the 1 to an l (small L), and I get the same error, I even changed it back to 0, and it's the same error. Thanks for the input though... every part helps.

6. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I'm using CentOS 5.3. What I planned to do was set up a server to host multiple websites. I wanted to be able to host as if I had Cpanel, where a remote user could sign in and set up their own website if they wanted. That's why I picked ISPConfig 3... and had further thought about installing Cpanel, once I got the OS up and installed properly.

The link I got from you was wget ftp://ftp.chg.ru/pub/Linux/CentOS/5.4/os/SRPMS/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2.src.rpm because the link I tried to get this from in the tutorial was 'down'. I assumed that even though the link contains a 5.4 reference, the postifix was probably the same. Is that link for both 5.4 and 5.3?

The link in the tutorial is still down, wget http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/5.3/os/SRPMS/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5.2.src.rpm

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  7. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

8. idsinc

idsinc New Member

Yes, that new link works. I deleted the existing files I had in the directory, and ran the link.

I still get the errors:

Commands:
    (1) rpmbuild -ba postfix.spec
    (2) rpm -ivh postfix-2.3.3-2.1.x86_64.rpm

(1) error: line 150: Bad arg to %patch -p: %package fplogsumm
    (2) error: open postfix-2.3.3.x86_64.rpm failed: no such file or directory

See, I don't know about skipping "11 Apply Quota Patch To Postfix" What is the importance of this part of the installation?

9. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

If you want to host different sites and email i recommend to have quota installed on your sistem... and maybe it will cause more problems in further installation.

Now if i've found that exists an 5.4 Perfect Server Installation i'm sure that all your problems are from the package repo.

Download the new version of centOS and give it a try. I give up on your actual problem.

LE: try to learn to access your server by remote with a ssh client, as i've told you. (Ex: In puTTY enter your server IP on port 22 -> connect (OPEN) -> a message will apear -> OK -> in the window (black one) it will ask you for user and password (enter root and rootpassword) and you will have a remote command line to server and now you can copy the commands from the web (select them) and then just click right button from your mouse (this is the paste comand) [take care with spaces and select only needed text]

10. idsinc

idsinc New Member

Whoever has the "perfect-server-centos-5.3-x86_64-ispconfig-3 " should probably remove it form HowtoForge... especially because of dead links.

Thanks all for your help... I'll see what else I can try.:D

11. idsinc

idsinc New Member

okay... im back... all is working well. Thanks for that IM on 5he 5.4 version.

New question: to set the password for mysqladmin, do I manually enter my own password in place of "yourrootsqlpassword"?

the instruction line is as follows:

Then set passwords for the MySQL root account:

mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword.

12. idsinc

idsinc New Member

13. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I don't know where to get the "mydns-mysql-1.1.0-1.i386.rpm" file. I've looked everywhere for another link, but can't find one. Anyone have any ideas?

14. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

Try to install PowerDNS instead MyDNS, but i'm not sure i can help you with the config.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  15. idsinc

idsinc New Member

Hey, nice to see you back. You've been very helpful so far. :D

We all know now, that the instructions for Centos 5.4 and Centos 5.3 ( ISPConfig3) below fail:

MyDNS:
    I would ask you to look at this link, because it actually addresses my issue. I would like to get some feedback on the link when you have a little time. http://www.how2forge.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37151

There is a link to the latest version here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mydns-ng/mydns/1.2.8.27/mydns-1.2.8.27.tar.gz

For anyone else reading this thread... http://mydns-ng.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php is very informative about the latest version of MyDNS... (unstable) 1.2.8.28 is not available, the one they are working on right now.

PowerDNS:

If I installed PowerDNS without knowing how to configure, I think I'd be worse off . What is PowerDNS vs MyDNS?

There is a howto at http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-powerdns-with-mysql-backend-and-poweradmin-on-centos-5.2 , but I don't see one for CentOS 5.3.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  16. Ghostdare

Ghostdare Member

Srry for late post.... i think is an howto for ISPConfig3 with PowerDNS somewere arround here.

17. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I tried this configuration tutorial, and it completely failed, no matter what solutions I came up with to resolve dead links, etc. This absolutely did not work. I spent about a month and a half trying to make it happen, with even the best advice available. On boot, the system crashes.