Perfect Setup FC4 - apache + php problem

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by pine, Feb 23, 2006.

1. pine

pine New Member

I followed the steps faithfully as outlined in the Perfect Setup for FC 4 directives.
    Almost everything works well except for a few, one of which is a problem with executing .php files. The specific directive I followed:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache With PHP5

apt-get install php php-devel php-gd php-imap php-ldap php-mysql php-odbc php-pear php-xml php-xmlrpc curl curl-devel perl-libwww-perl ImageMagick libxml2 libxml2-devel

Now edit /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and comment out the AddHandler and AddType lines:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to uncomment the items and put them back to work. Now I can execute .php files. Why do we have to comment out those items to begin with?

:p

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to comment them out because otherwise you wont be able to enable / disble PHP on a per site basis in ISPConfig.

3. pine

pine New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have not gotten that far in my setup. Now that I know the reason, I can rest assured that I have not done a terrible thing by uncommenting those item. :p