Perfect Ubuntu 16.04 Nginx - phpmyadmin and roundcube 404

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Moten, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Moten

Moten Member

I've followed the setup step by step, but ended up getting a 404 trying to go to both of these sites.

I've gotten phpmyadmin up and working before on apache, but must be missing something here. I was having issues trying to reconfigure phpmyadmin, but got that to work after removing my mysql root pw temporarily.

When I try the link for the DB from ISPConfig I get the 404. I bought the guide when I first installed this, but didn't find much in there that helped. Can you please assist me to find what I have missed? My apologies if it is easy, I have been away from this stuff for a few years and was never that good to begin with.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

did you use port 8081 to connect? In the nginx setups, phpmyadmin and roundcube listen on port 8081.

3. Moten

Moten Member

I set a different port for ISPConfig, so I was trying to use that (8088). My last build I did something similar and was able to get to phpmyadmin and squirrelmail on the same port, although I may have done some additional configuration I am forgetting now.

4. Moten

Moten Member

When I first read your comment I checked for listening ports and didn't see 8081. I replied, then realized 8088 wasn't listed either. Something I tried to do to fix things broke nginx completely. Now that I have that back up I was indeed able to get to the sites on port 8081. Thanks!

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Actually, in https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/perfect-server-ubuntu-with-nginx-and-ispconfig-3/3 the guide says to press enter on port 8080 port instead of port 8081 during ISPC installation, though in phpmyadmin setup as well as roundcube setup, it is stated to open them via port 8081. Following the guide, I ended up using port 8080 for them instead of port 8081. I guess the guide could be rectified to reflect the preferred port of either 8080 or 8081 and not both, to avoid confusion to some.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The guide is fine, you mix up the ISPConfig port and the apps vhost port here. Both ports are used, echa for its own purpose. ISPConfig always uses 2 ports, on apache as well. The ISPConfig port is 8080 and the apps vhost port which runs phpmyadmin and roundcube on a nginx server is 8081.

ahrasis likes this.
  7. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes. I did mix up about them. They should be readily available in port 8081 of apps vhost.