Permissions problems in ISPConfig3 site web directory

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kojakwolf, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kojakwolf

kojakwolf New Member

Hello,

I seem to be having some annoying issues after installing ISPConfig3 via http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

I'm running Debian 7.4 and ISPConfig3

I got everything set up and running for the most part except for one annoying bug.

I already had the web directory files on my home directory of the server. So I copied the files to /var/www/site.com/web

Unfortunately, although I can view the index and root files, I cannot access any existing folders I have without getting an ERROR 403: Forbidden error.

I set the owner, group, and permissions to exactly what the defaults are set to (web1/client1/754) and I cannot seem to access any folders in the web directory.

For example, I can see /var/www/site.com/www/index.php but I cannot get to /var/www/site.com/www/share/ via my web browser.

The log shows this error:

[Tue Apr 08 23:30:19 2014] [error] [client [home IP addr] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/[mysite].com/web/share/

Am I missing something simple?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is there a index.html file or index.php file in the folder /var/www/[mysite].com/web/share/ ?

3. kojakwolf

kojakwolf New Member

Not in the share folder no. It should just show a list of what's in the folder.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Directory Listing is not on by default for security reasons. If you want to activate it for that folder, add a .htaccess file in the shre folder with the following content:

Options +Indexes