php-fpm few questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Clouseau, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

If I enable php-fpm as php handler in website, suexec must be enabled aslo, right?
    And if a website has a php.ini with some variables in it, that must be put in custom php.ini section in website config so the ispconfig can put those in dedicated website-pool.conf.
    What about .htaccess files across numerous subdirectories? If I want to migrate a website that has more than a few .htaccess files in various subdirectories, will php-fpm( with fastcgi, right?) read all those .htaccess files or they all must go in Apache Directives section of Website setting in ISPConfig?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

.htaccess files are apache config files files, they are not php files. php never reads an .htaccess file, no matter which php mode you use.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

I know, but I see various issues on google regarding php-fpm and .htaccess files which use various RewriteRules in them. I suppose the webmaster of the website should know how to deal with that...
    So if AllowOverride is on ALL in ISPConfig setting then apache should pickup all the settings stated in .htaccess files expect the ones regarding php which must go in Custom php settings?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats the way apache works.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

Just to confirm, tnx :)