PHP GD Support = OFF

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by radioguy, Feb 6, 2006.

1. radioguy

radioguy New Member

I was trying to install Zen Cart to play around with it a bit and I noticed during their system inspection that PHP GD Support = OFF. Researching the issue on the internet has turned up mixed results. I've read that there could be a simple switch to set, and I've also read that PHP has to be recompiled for GD Support. If anyone knows the true answer, I would be greatful. However, my real question is: Can I recompile PHP5 if it comes to that without damaging ISPConfig? Thanks for your help and for a great product :D

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? Did you use your distribution's official packages to install PHP5, or did you compile it from the sources?

3. radioguy

radioguy New Member

I used the official packages for PHP5 from the FC4 (Stenz) distribution. Kernal 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 (686).

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you searched if there is a php5 GD package available for FC4 and if yes, did you install it?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is there a PHP5 GD package listed when you run
    Code:
    yum search php
    ?

6. radioguy

radioguy New Member

Thanks for the command. This problem may be larger in scope than I originally thought. I did a search yum search php-gd and found this:

php-gd.i386 5.0.4-10 base
    Matched from:
    php-gd
    The php-gd package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
    support for using the gd graphics library to PHP.

php-gd.i386 5.0.4-10.5 updates-released
    Matched from:
    php-gd
    The php-gd package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
    support for using the gd graphics library to PHP.

I suppose this meant it was available but not installed so I tried apt-get update and upgrade. That's when I received a long list of conflicts. Here are a couple of lines for example:

file /usr/bin/php from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10
    file /usr/bin/php-cgi from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10
    file /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10
    file /usr/share/man/man1/php.1.gz from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10
    file /usr/bin/php from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10.5
    file /usr/bin/php-cgi from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10.5
    file /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10.5
    file /usr/share/man/man1/php.1.gz from install of php-5.0.5-2.1 conflicts with file from package php-5.0.4-10.5

I also tried to install php-gd and recieve a shorter list of course, but basically the same conflicts.

7. radioguy

radioguy New Member

Well, I got it fixed. yum install php-gd.i386 did the trick. I didn't know I needed the extension .i386. Still concerned about all the conflicts though. Are those conflicts normal when executing apt-get upgrade? Many thanks for all the help.