php.ini and mail questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mavgh1, Mar 14, 2006.

1. mavgh1

mavgh1 New Member

I'm running SuSe 9.3 with Postfix.

When I send mail from my site with mail() function I receive the email but the sender is From : www apache daemon.How can I change this tosomething else like [email protected] .
    I,ve tried in /etc/php.ini to change
    sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t [email protected] but doesn,t work.

If I have some subdomains how can I personalize every mail sent from subdomains like [email protected],[email protected] etc.
    With Virtualhost doesn't work.

And the last question it is possible in Linux to hide php info ?(Safe mode =Off)
    Browsing the Internet a couple of days doesn't bring me answers to my problems .

Thanks in advance for any help and hope that there are not too many questions in one post.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can supply additional header infos to the php mail function:

mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: [email protected]\n");

3. mavgh1

mavgh1 New Member

thanks but not from php script

Thanks but not from php script I want to solve my problem.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

But that's the only way...

5. mavgh1

mavgh1 New Member

maybe I'm wrong but

I solved the problem with phpinfo

Maybe I'm wrong but .....
    I had a site hosted on a free host.When I send a email from that site without "From : " automatically the receiver of the email has a "from :" [email protected] is the reason why Im asking about configuring php.ini
    Im not very sure but before I started this SuSe Server I read somewhere that if you have a domain and some subdomains for every subdomains you must have a php.ini(i dont know how to do this and in the last 3 days b rowsing the Internet didn't find anything about).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006