PHP ini file parsed in client web space

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by perthsystem, Sep 27, 2014.

1. perthsystem

perthsystem New Member

I know how to set PHP to parse for php.ini in a particular client's web space (../web/) but how do you make ISPConfig3 make it a default to include newly created sites.

In other words I would like php.ini files in client's sites to be parsed as a default when creating a new site in ISPConfig3.

I assume I would need to change/add 'include_path' in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini - currently in my installation this directive is commented.

Cheers,
    John

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you will have to change that in the global php.ini file. But the file you pointed out is for mod_php only, the file that is used by fastcgi is /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini. You are aware that you allow your clients to circumvent all kind of security settings and limits by this. I would never do that on any of my servers.

3. perthsystem

perthsystem New Member

Thank you Till,

What you say is very true, although my clients do not have ISPConfig or FTP access to their sites - nevertheless it is a security risk.

Would you then recommend to make PHP changes in ISPConfig 'site -> Options -> Custom php.ini settings'?

Is the syntax for these directives the same as a standard php.ini file?

Cheers,
    John

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes.

yes.

5. perthsystem

perthsystem New Member

Thank you Till,

Your help is appreciated :)