PHP & MySQL working, but AREN'T WORKING????

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lipp9000, Jul 21, 2006.

1. lipp9000

lipp9000 New Member

I have MySQL installed and successfully working on ISPconfig, I also have phhmyadmin installed and i can access my databases and add tables and such so thats no problems.

PHP is enabled on a particular domain which has phpBB on it, that i wish to setup. When I'm filling in the install page i set these things:
    Database type: MySQL 4.x/5.x
    method: install
    database server: my server ip
    dbname: dbname (works in phpmyadmin)
    db user: db user (works in phpmyadmin)
    db pass: db pass (works in phpmyadmin)
    and then my admin username and password

Then when I click install i get an error:
    "The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose"

Now...is there an extra thing you need to do to configure php with mysql? or should it be set automatically, keep in mind i followed the installation guide on the howtoforge fedoracore 5 page.

Why isnt php configured for mysql on that domain, ispconfig uses mysql and that works fine i can go to that.

Also i get an error in dreamweaver when im trying to connect to mysql, when i click test i get an error "HTTP Error code 405. Method not allowed". It's as if MySQL isnt there at all!!!

Any suggestions?? thanks very much in advance :D

2. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

Try "database server: localhost"

3. lipp9000

lipp9000 New Member

Nah that won't work because im trying to install it from a remote machine. But i'll try it on the linux box and see wot happens...

Nup, even on the linux box i get "The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose"

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  4. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

"localhost" as a server name works when the web page is on the same machine the mysql is. It doesnt matter if you are installing from New Zealand over a Iexplorer, because the php code runs on your server.

As i said, check your install steps, you miss something with php and its modules. Maybe you dont install the mysql modules.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please try waht fobicodam suggested, additionally some infos as you seem to meix something up.

Zhe IPCOnfig controlpanel uses its own PHP for the backend, if the backend works this does not mean that you installed PHP with mysql enabled for your websites.

Make sure that you have the php4-mysql or php5-mysql package from your linux distribution installed.