PHP not working in ISPConfig website

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by FadeOUT, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

/var.log/apache2.error_log AFTER restart

[Wed May 02 20:07:25 2007] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
    [Wed May 02 20:07:25 2007] [error] (9)Bad file descriptor: apr_socket_accept: (client socket)
    [Wed May 02 20:07:25 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE) configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed May 02 20:07:25 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/
    [Wed May 02 20:07:25 2007] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /srv/www/
    [Wed May 02 20:07:26 2007] [warn] long lost child came home! (pid 11958)
    [Wed May 02 20:26:22 2007] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed May 02 20:27:47 2007] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec2)
    [Wed May 02 20:27:53 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE) configured -- resuming normal operations

php files still not being handled and ask me to download when opening

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. gamma1it

gamma1it New Member

I am having the same problem

Hi,
    I am running SuSe 10.2 as well, ispconfig etc. I have the same symptoms and also with awstats, could this have anything to do with susexec?

ALSO....Your forums sites and software are truly something to appreciate.
    Thanks for all the help!

4. till

@gamma1it:

How do you run your php scripts? mod_php, php-cgi with suexec or suphp?

5. Coiled

Coiled New Member

PHP on a 'perfect' SuSe 10.2 with ISP

Hi,
    had the same prob over the last days.
    Finally I fixed it:

Change the line:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both'; (or whatever is filled in here)

to:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addhandler';

in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

'addhandler' seems to be the only valid setting for suse 10.2 (see the comment at the end of this line in config.inc.php)

And don't forget to restart ISP/Apache
    Hope it works for you too.

:) Coiled

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you're running suPHP, you need to change the line

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'both';

into:

$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'suphp';

Otherwise, you will have problems when you update ISPConfig.

7. gamma1it

gamma1it New Member

php as per the pefect setup

Hi Till,

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply. Here is a bit of history:

I am using a Dell Poweredge 4400 running SuSe 10.2 with ISPconfig installed as per the perfect setup. I have messed around with Awstats and with the help of these forums managed to get it to display on www.mydomain.tld/stats with security, but the data does not update. The webalizer stats are updateing but can only be seen after the cron runs for webalizer but before it runs for awstats. (I could remove the awstats cron job and just use webalizer if I have to) I need awstats to read and write to the correct logs. I have taken a brain break from awstats and started testing joomla and mambo but can't get a browser to read the index.php. Error logs, for the most part, say the same as Grizzly's. I am still a Linux newbie but not entirely, I have been at it all day everyday for about 6 months and read many threads on linux, ISPconfig and plugins.

To answer your question.....I think I am using suexec because i see it check marked in the ispconfig control panel ----> management-----> server----> settings---->web tab---->Suexec: checkmark on

What file do I need to verify this in?

Thanks again Till.

Aaron

8. till

If you followed the perfect setup, then you run php as mod_php and not via suexec. In your case, suexec is only used in case you run any cgi scripts.

Have you tryed what "Coiled" has suggested?

9. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

Please see if you can see any faults, I have now tried 'both'/'addhandler'/'addtype'/'suphp' everytime after a change I change settings in ISPconfig in order to rewrite the config.inc.php file and even rebooted the server everytime with the same result, some php files want to be downloaded to my pc some open in browser.

$go_info["server"]["postfix_config"] = 1; // 1 = SENDMAIL-STYLE, 2 = POSTFIX-STYLE
    $go_info["server"]["smtp_restart"] = 1; // 1 = stop/start, 2 = restart
    $go_info["server"]["network_config"] = 0; // 0 = none, 1 = automatic
    $go_info["server"]["sudo_du_enabled"] = 0; // enable sudo for gathering website file usage
    $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'suphp'; // 'filter' = set PHP filters, 'addtype' = Set PHP addtype or 'both' = Set Filter + Addtype, suphp = SuPHP wrapper enabled, 'AddHandler' = Set PHP AddHandler (nescessary for SuSE 10.2)
    $go_info["server"]["password_hash"] = 'crypt'; // 'crypt' = crypt; 'md5' = crypt-md5
    $go_info["server"]["do_automated_backups"] = 0; // 0 = no, 1 = yes; PLEASE NOTE: automated backups might fill up your HDD fast!

10. FadeOUT

FadeOUT New Member

Grr! My PHP has stopped working, again... I'm going through everything again (including all the $go_info stuff...)

I should have steered clear of openSUSE, shouldn't I? The Debian Etch CD in my bag is beckoning...

Meanwhile, if anyone found any definitive ways to get this working, I'm listening...

11. FadeOUT

FadeOUT New Member

Still no luck... I think it all went wrong when I tweaked a user's spam whitelist - presumably rewriting vhosts.

12. Gza

Gza New Member

Hi all, i've got same problem, everything works OK in my Mandriva2007 system (it was built via Perfect setup, thhanks Falko), only php not works under domains. I've tried all the versions what are in /home/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php, (both, filter, addtype, addhandler), without success :(

What can I do? (so I want control php under ispconfig)

THX
    Gza

13. till

Do you have copies of the file Vhost_ispconfig.conf with a date appended to the name on your server? The files must be in /etc/apache2/vhost or a similar directory.

14. personxx

personxx New Member

Has anyone resolved this issue?

I have exactly the same issue... Also running OpenSuse 10.2

15. FadeOUT

FadeOUT New Member

Did anybody get to the bottom of this? I've just updated to the latest version of ISPConfig and it's all kicked off again...

16. till

Please read and try to answer my questions in this thread. If you dont provide any infos, we can not help you.

ISPConfig works perfectly on OpenSuSE, when you follow the perfect setup guide.

17. personxx

personxx New Member

I finaly gave up un Suse 10.2

And installed ISPConfig on Debian Etch

Running with no major problems now...

18. FadeOUT

FadeOUT New Member

My apologies, the addhandler change fixed the problem - I just needed to clear my browser cache :rolleyes: