PHP pages loading white

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by hickwithstick, Nov 13, 2014.

1. hickwithstick

hickwithstick New Member

I am trying to run an almost completely PHP based site from within ISPConfig3 and I didn't have this problem on other servers that were not using the ISPConfig programSo I'm not sure why it is happening with it??

When most of the pages I try to view are opened only a blank white page shows and no errors are being reported to the error.log file

I did have this problem once before and it ended up being because I didn't have Free Type Support installed on the server. I have made sure it is installed on the base server (Ubuntu 14.04 set up according to the "Perfect Server" how to provided here at howtoforge) Doesn't that make it available in ISPConfig?

Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A white page is most likely a php error while while showing errors is disabled in php.ini or the files ar woned by a wrong user.

Which php mode do you use in that website? The php mode should be either php-fcgi or php-fpm and suexec has to be enabled.
    Ensure that all files and folders in the web directory are owned by the web user of that website and the client group of that website. If they are e.g. ownebd by root, then suexec will prevent their execution for security reasons.
    Take a look at the error.log of the website (not the global error.log) and take a look into the suexec log file.

3. hickwithstick

hickwithstick New Member

Thanks for the reply but I don't think it has anything to do with the php mode because if I follow the same directions (Perfect Server...) but stop short of installing the ISPConfig the software (SKADate) functions as it should.

On a rented dedicated server I had to enable Free Type Support, and I also enabled it on the server I have now and when not using the ISPConfig it works.

Is there maybe some way I need to install the Free Type Support for the pages created in ISPConfig?

The Server requirements of the server they listed are:

PHP version must not be lower than 5.2.4
    Mysql version must not be lower than 5.0
    Server API must be Apache Server or CGI
    GD library must have Free type support

Find the following section (all of them are required for the software to operate properly):
    cURL
    dom
    json
    Register_globals must be off
    safe_mode must be off
    Suexec, suhosin, suphp, suapache modules must be disabled
    Also, your server must have a Mail server (SendMail, Exim or other) and Cron

4. hickwithstick

hickwithstick New Member

This is whats listed in the error logs

[Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.057229 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Deprecated: Funct$
    [Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.057368 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Strict Standards: $
    [Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.183268 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Deprecated: Funct$
    [Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.183386 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Strict Standards: $
    [Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.183404 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cann$

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the log with e.g. teail command. The line sthat you posted are incomplete and therefor dont show the reason for the error. The resaon is in this line:

[Fri Nov 14 19:30:51.183404 2014] [fcgid:warn] [pid 4639] [client 192.168.1.9:63805] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cann$

Its a php fatal error and a fatal error will cause a white page.

6. hickwithstick

hickwithstick New Member

Thanks again for the reply till

I think I may have found the solution. it is working on another test server I had sitting around that I reinstalled the ispconfig on,

The only thing I changed was instead of fastcgi I changed it to mod_php for the site when I created it, and that appears to have fixed it.

I'll post back after I create a couple more sites and have a chance to play with them more.