PHP versions for web users

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pyte, Nov 21, 2023.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi!
    Back after a long illness and directly with a question about ISPConfig :)
    I have a webspace with a moodle installation on it and it is set to PHP8.0. In ISPConfig i've created a cronjob for the webspace which runs this:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/php8.0 /var/www/clients/client301/web509/web/admin/cli/cron.php
    After testing i've realiased this does not work as i get greeted with "/usr/bin/php8.0: No such file or directory". So next i went ahead and
    switched from the root user to web509 on the shell with the "su" command and checked the "/usr/bin/" folder. There is only "php7.4" (system default) and the link "php" to the alternatives thingy. The system has installed the version 8.0/8.1./8.2 and they are available under /usr/bin as root.

Where do i need to make changes for the web509 user to be able to use "php8.X" so that the cron job can run successfully?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hope you are well now :)

Uncder System > Server config > server1.example.com > Jailkit > Jailkit chroot app sections you need to add the relevant PHP versions. E.g. from the value on one of my test systems:
    Code:
    basicshell editors extendedshell netutils ssh sftp scp groups jk_lsh php php7_4 php8_0 php8_1 php8_2
    But this will not add immediately to existing jails. To add php8_0 to existing jail /var/www/clients/client0/web1:
    Code:
    jk_init -j /var/www/clients/client0/web1 php8_0

pyte and till like this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And your cronjob line is likely wrong, it should be:

Code:
    /usr/bin/php8.0 /web/admin/cli/cron.php
    if its a jailed cronjob as /var/www/clients/client301/web509/ becomes / inside the jail.

pyte likes this.
  4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you! Was not to serious, but working on a PC wasn't helping the healing that was kind of a bummer :p

Already treid to add it to the Jailkit chroot app sections but i used . instead of _ but that would not have worked either for the existing once then ;-) It is working now, cheers!

That's what i already figured out while making the post but did not edit it on here :) Thanks anyways!

Th0m and till like this.