phpadmin question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by teedo757, Nov 16, 2005.

1. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

I noticed that I can put in any name to access phpmyadmin from ispconfig. Is there a way to disable this or should I not worry about it. If you need to access ispconfig to access phpmyadmin I am not so worried but I dont want just anyone getting into it. Also If I create a site in ispconfig and make a username and password does that get used for creating a mysql user and/or a ftp user?? Thanks

2. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

Also I reinstalled becuase I cant get PATH_INFO to work for php and I am still having problems(spent weeks trying to fix this). I have a file test.php with echo $_SERVER['PATH_INFO']; and all I get is a blank page from the browser and Undefined index: PATH_INFO from the command line. Any suggestions why this keeps happening???

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You should only be able to login to phpMyAdmin with the database user/password you create when you create the database on the Options tab of the respective web site.

Put
    PHP:
    print_r($_SERVER);
    in that file to see what the array contains.

4. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

results:
    Array ( [HTTP_ACCEPT] => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */* [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-us [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [HTTP_HOST] => www.x.com [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive [PATH] => /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin [SERVER_SIGNATURE] =>
    Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at www.x.com Port 80
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) [SERVER_NAME] => www.x.com [SERVER_ADDR] => 192.168.x.x [SERVER_PORT] => 80 [REMOTE_ADDR] => x.x.x.x [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/www/web11/web [SERVER_ADMIN] => [email protected] [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /home/www/web11/web/test.php [REMOTE_PORT] => 1183 [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1 [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1 [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET [QUERY_STRING] => [REQUEST_URI] => /test.php [SCRIPT_NAME] => /test.php [PHP_SELF] => /test.php [argv] => Array ( ) [argc] => 0 ) 1

5. falko

So there's no PATH_INFO in the $_SERVER array. That's why you don't see any output.

6. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

Is there a way to add it to the server array?

7. falko

Yes, if you manually assign it like this:

PHP:
    $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] = 'some_value';

8. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

humm, well I realize that I could hard code it but the script I am using needs path_info to point to files on the database and I am not sure if that will work. Mabey I misunderstood your answer, would I set PATH_INFO in the script or is there a global place where I would set it? Also if it was global I would imagin it would not work correctly for scripts in other folders on the website.

9. falko

In the script.
    That's right, but you could make in include file (something like config.inc.php), where you set all your configuration variables, and then you include that file in all files of your application. Does the path to your database files change, or is it static?

10. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

I believe it is static so I guess I will just put the path in the config file and make sure its included but not I have notice my virtual hosts does not exist. I check the forum and noticed I do not have file .ispconfig_lock. However I did not see anything in the post about how to fix it

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  11. teedo757

teedo757 New Member

wierd it works now. I think the problem was because my internet went down and i was calling it from the local network either-way nevermind.