phpmyadmin apache configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JustAnotherUser, Oct 15, 2016.

1. JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser New Member

Hello all.
    I recently started working with ispconfig and so far have had a good experience. However, i have a question on phpmyadmin configuration. Initially after the server was installed i got a 404 error when clicking on the phpmyadmin link from the databases page. After looking into it i had to add the following to my apache conf file in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.
    include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.con
    This fixed the 404 error but left me with the following questions.
    1, was this the proper way to do this with ispconfig?
    2, If so, why didn't the installation tutorial mention it?
    3, if not, what is the proper method to do this?
    4, If you click the phpmyadmin link from the databases page in the control panel, shouldn't that automatically log me into the database that i clicked on?

Thanks.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The path to phpmyadmin is specified in System > Main Config. I'm not familiar with the tutorials for each OS, but on a debian multi-server setup I had to use [SERVERNAME] to have it connect to the correct web server (ie. I installed phpmyadmin on the webserver node, not the ispconfig control panel node). The tutorial may not have mentioned that; likely the manual should (I still need to read it).