phpmyadmin errors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by happz, Apr 11, 2010.

1. happz

happz Member

I installed fresh ubuntu server/ispconfig2 and the newest phpmyadmin. Once I logged into phpmyadmin I get this following message at the bottom of the page in phpmyadmin:

Code:
    The additional features for working with linked tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
    Your PHP parameter session.gc_maxlifetime is lower that cookie validity configured in phpMyAdmin, because of this, your login will expire sooner than configured in phpMyAdmin.
    Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.83 differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.37. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
    Regards,
    happz

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

About the first warning: Increase the value for session.gc_maxlifetime in your php.ini file. Afterwards restart Apache.

3. happz

happz Member

okay

thanks for the quick response. It was set to 1440 so I changed it to 2840 and restarted apache but it didn't remove the message. I am using ubuntu and there are two php.ini files. One in the php5/cli and one in php5/apached2 so I change them both. Anyone know what the best number would be? Also, I can I tell which php.ini file is the one being used by ispconfig or phpmyadmin for that matter....?

thanks,
    happZ

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you've installed the phpMyAdmin package from ISPConfig.org, you must modify /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini. Restart ISPConfig afterwards.

5. happz

happz Member

Thanks for that info...

Falko, thanks for the input. That did get rid of the sessions error. Do you know what I can do about the other two errors?

1. linked tables is deactivied

2. my PHP MySQL library version 5.0.83 differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.37....

Regards,
    happz

6. falko

Did you update MySQL? I guess you can reinstall ISPConfig to solve this problem. This will build a new PHP with the correct library version.

7. happz

happz Member

Yikes! ;)

I didn't update or upgrade mysql...just followed the perfect server tut. I guess I can live with it.

thanks,
    happZ

8. falko

Maybe it was a cron job that automatically updated your system.