Phpsuexec ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by linickx, Oct 14, 2006.

1. linickx

linickx Member

Hi helfrez,

I think the phpadmin values disappears when you set: $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'suphp';

hth.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, that's right.

3. helfrez

helfrez New Member

Already Fixed

Yeah i figured it out last night. That was part of the problem. I had already got the server working with suphp, but after the upgrade to 2.2.7 it appears the switch got set back to "both" ad it added php_admin values back and removed all the suphp values. I had to go in and change it back to suphp, removes the dup VHost files, and then go in an touch every site using php, for the suphp setting to get written back properly. I'm not sure if there was something i did wrong or a sanity check isnt workign properly for config.inc.php

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally this setting shall be taken from your old installation during upgrade, we will check that.

By the way, you dont have to save all sites individually, changing one site and hitting save will remove the php_admin values in all vhosts.

5. mark_xigen

mark_xigen New Member

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the install of suphp (as described). I'm trying to run oscommerce based stores.

All went OK, suphp seems to be running ok. the problem I'm now having now are:

- register globals is now not controllable in the apache directives (per site). it was before suphp install. For now i've set it in php.ini for all sites

- when uploading files (proftp) directory permissions are 775, file permissions are 664. suphp gives a warning in suphp_log regarding groups are writable which is correct. I really need the permissions to be 755 for directories and files. The php files need execute to run them (755).

- I did the umask to 022, this keep setting itself back to 002.

- I've also had to add 'AllowOverride All' for /var/www/web5/web to get images etc to show up.

Any help would be greatly received. I have a latest CentOS and IspConfig install (as of mid October 06).

Thanks,
    Mark.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats one drawback of SuPHP. If PHP is run as CGI (which is the case when you use SuPHP), all PHP settings in the apache vhost are ignored.

Groups are always writable in ISPConfig. Thats ok because ISPConfig uses a individual group for every website.
    Did you set this in your proftpd.conf?

That depends on which settings oscommerce has in its .htaccess file.

7. mark_xigen

mark_xigen New Member

Thanks, Till.

- global settings for php.ini is fine for what I need anyway.

- I've looked into the permissions and 644 will run php files, but 664 will not due to suphp warning. So if i can get umask 022 to work then that would be spot on! 022 minus 666 (644) and 022 minus 777 (755) for directories.

- My proftpd.conf files shows: Umask 022
    (this stays as 022, so that's OK)

- However my proftpd_ispconfig.conf shows: Umask 002
    (this keeps reverting back to 002 a few minutes after I've changed it!)

Any ideas on what's controlling proftpd_ispconfig.conf to make it revert to 002, is there a higher level conf file??? Ive tried editing the file with FTP server off, and no difference.

Finnally, I'm a bit new to the setups of apache etc, what is this command doing to get the images to display in my oscommerce store:
    'AllowOverride All' for /var/www/web5/web'

I'm concerned it's opening up security issues etc.

When I get my head round it, I can see what needs tweaking in the oscommerce .htaccess file. I have installed about 20 sites on various servers and not had to edit the .htaccess file before. So I would like to get ISPConfig to run them without any .htaccess tweaking.

Cheers,
    Mark

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must edit the proftpd template file /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/proftpd_ispconfig.conf.master.

Have a look here: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride