Postfix BANNED CONTENTS ALERT how to add allow rule?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nen777w, Aug 12, 2022.

1. nen777w

nen777w New Member

I have a web server which is run a postfix email server and is controlled by ISPConfig.

My email domain: mydomain (dot) com

Also, I wrote some services on Python which is run on the same server and in some cases sends emails with zip files from: service_1(at)mydomain.com to: collector(at)mydomain.com

It worked well. But one week ago I found that I no longer receive emails on collector(at)mydomain.com. I started an investigation and found that in the mailbox service_1(at)mydomain.com many emails with the subject:

BANNED contents from you (mydomain.com)​

With body:

Delivery of the email was stopped! The message has been blocked because it contains a component (as a MIME part or nested within) with declared name or MIME type or contents type violating our access policy.​

e.t.c...

I.e. for some reason postfix no longer delivers email to collector(at)mydomain.com from service_1(at)mydomain.com I also checked it with the simple python script.

I did not make changes on any of the server configs, so I suppose that happened due to some automatic rules. I also checked all (as I think) options on the ISPConfig control panel, but do not find any allusion to the arisen problem.

Then I checked the mail server log and found that amavis blocking emails:

Aug 12 12:34:23 mydomain amavis[29034]: (29034-07) Blocked BANNED (mydomain.com) {BouncedInternal,Quarantined}, ORIGINATING LOCAL [xxx.xxx.x.xxx]:37112 [xxx.xxx.x.xxx] service_1(at)mydomain.com -> collector(at)mydomain.com, quarantine: d/banned-dYWbCJmcq6Xq, Queue-ID: B58E381365, Message-ID: 20220812123348.B58E381365(at)mail(dot)mydomain(dot)com, mail_id: dYWbCJmcq6Xq, Hits: -, size: 122404, 34820 ms

Is it possible to add a rule to allow pass any content from one internal mailbox to another internal mailbox?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you tried adding such whitelist? What happened? In ISPConfig panel EMail tab there is spamfilter whitelist and Postfix whitelist.