Postfix Blacklist not working

Discussion in 'General' started by deividmen, Jan 15, 2020.

1. deividmen

deividmen Member

Hello

I have an Ubuntu 16.04 server with ISPConfig 3.1 and many websites installed. I also set up Postfix with an SMTP relay service for reliable email delivery (TurboSMTP).

I want to use the Postfix Blacklist feature in order to block emails sent from the following address: [email protected]. That address is sending spam and I don't know how (I don't have any website created with that domain name).

First, I trying to use the blacklist feature with an email address from my own server. I added the blacklist record, but somehow it is not working and I still can send emails from that address.

Any ideas about how to block those emails?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Postfix Blaclist is meant to work with e-mails the e-mail server receives. If your e-mail server sends e-mails where sender address is forged to @citi.com then blacklist does nothing. There is a way to make postfix not accept forged sender addresses, but it would be better for you to find who or how those e-mails are sent and prevent the sending.
    Is your server maybe cracked? There are recen treads about his on this forum.
    Try Internet Search Engines with:
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com hacked server site