Postfix can't receive emails from external domains

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by ansabhailte, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ansabhailte

ansabhailte New Member

Are there any other tests I can do to figure out where things are failing?

2. gscales

gscales New Member

And ... if you do an "ls -l /var/vmail/goldenoakit.com" do you see a directory for each of your users, chowned vmail:vmail or something similar ?

3. ansabhailte

ansabhailte New Member

ls -l /home/vmail/goldenoakit.com/ shows that everything is vmail:vmail

edit: yes the users are there, and each one is vmail:vmail, permissions are 700

4. gscales

gscales New Member

That should be right. It's nearly 3 in the morning here ... I'm going to have to take a break. But I've been looking at the config stuff in both main.cf and master.cf that covers where an incoming email goes. I think you're using courier ... you might start looking at those config files as well. This is one of those deals that the fix is really really simple, but finding the fix is really really hard ...

5. ansabhailte

ansabhailte New Member

Gotcha, thanks for all your help.

6. ansabhailte

ansabhailte New Member

"The transport data was being held in Mysql, and was not being resolved. My best guess is that because i had smtp:mail.mydomain.com as the only transport it therefor wouldn't know about anything locally."

Somebody else had the same problem and this was his solution. How would I go about testing this?

7. ansabhailte

ansabhailte New Member

Fixed it!

I fixed it!

I edited master.cf and uncommented the entries for smtp and smtps (i previously only had submission uncommented)

Thanks again for your help.

8. gscales

gscales New Member

That's awesome, man! Congratulations!