Postfix does not recognize the passwd from ISPConfig webform

Discussion in 'General' started by Grimnar, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Grimnar

Grimnar New Member

Hi

Running ISPconfig 3 on my debian vps. Now I wanted to change a users password using ispconfig webpage (email mailbox).
    When Im using the page to change password, everything is fine. But when the user connects using his mail client, the server spews out this message:
    SASL LOGIN authentication failed:

So what is going on? I have tried my self as well, and the new password does not work. This is a pop3-account if that helps.

2. Grimnar

Grimnar New Member

I actually had to delete the user and re-add it to make the password work. And when I logged in again, I got a lot of mails like this:
    Subject: 12.07.2015-01:30 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local...
    Body: 12.07.2015-01:31 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    12.07.2015-01:31 - DEBUG - Calling function 'user_insert' from plugin 'mail_plugin' raised by event 'mail_user_insert'.
    12.07.2015-01:31 - DEBUG - Created Maildir /var/vmail/somedomain.net/someUSER/Maildir with subfolder: Sent
    12.07.2015-01:31 - DEBUG - Mailfilter config has been changed
    12.07.2015-01:31 - DEBUG - Found 1 addresses at all.
    12.07.2015-01:33 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

???

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You enabled debugging and this are the debug messages.

4. Grimnar

Grimnar New Member

Yeah, sorry about that one. One google search with the output fixed that one. But stille. Is it normal to delete users to make new passwords work?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Never seen that on a server yet. Maybe a problem that the password was cached at postfix or dovecot.