Postfix/Dovecot ISPConfig - All incoming mail missing for some reason

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bjtrammell, Feb 19, 2016.

1. bjtrammell

bjtrammell New Member

So this has given me...the largest of migraines over the last few days.
    I have an ISPConfig3 - CentOS 7 based server and I'm trying to allow for email communication.
    Specifically, email piping into a piece of PHP software I use. Now, here's my problem....
    I am able to send emails fine, with no issues what so ever, however all inbound messages appear to be accepted by the server....but I have no idea where they are going. They are sure as hell not going into the respective email inbox. Roundcube shows that the inbox is completely empty (despite the fact that I've sent probably about 100 different test emails to that email account).

I want to get into the mail log but before anyone asks...
    • Have you ensured your MX records are correct? Yes. DNS for the domains has checked out correctly and is pointed to this server
    • I will not provide root access, or identifying information on the server, since it is a server..and bots love servers (sorry)
    • Are you sure it's not related to the firewall? I am 100% sure. All port scans show 25, 110, 143, 465, and 587 as open.
    • Is your server name set as hostname on your server, and is it specified in /etc/hosts...Yes. That was one of the first things I checked.
    Now several minutes ago, I tried sending a test message again, and I have the exact record from the mail.log log file showing it was accepted.
    Feb 19 01:38:14 server1 postfix/smtpd[21527]: connect from mail-yw0-f173.google.com[209.85.161.173]
    Feb 19 01:38:14 server1 postfix/smtpd[21527]: 8742C81A40C2: client=mail-yw0-f173.google.com[209.85.161.173]
    Feb 19 01:38:14 server1 postfix/cleanup[19841]: 8742C81A40C2: message-id= <CAAgrXF=[email protected]>

My Question is, why is it not showing up. And how can I fix this. It's been 3 days without email, and I'm starting to lose hair over this.. *cough*...that is...more hair...

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Could you post some more lines from mail.log?

3. bjtrammell

bjtrammell New Member

Sorry for the delay in my response. I decided to get a quick nap in, and a big cup of coffee!

Here is the most recent 40 or so lines from mail.log.

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Something is wrong with your dovecot-config or the permissions for /var/vmail are wrong. Can you post /etc/dovecot/dovecont.conf and the outut of ls -al /var/vmail