postfix help please !!!

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by brainz, Mar 19, 2006.

1. brainz

brainz Member

Hi

Please can i get help with fixing these..

regards
    brainz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no problem at all with the warnings above.

Create an email address for postmaster and abuse for your domain name.

3. brainz

brainz Member

Im really Sorry for my ignorance or lack of knowledge whichever comes first....

But when you say create a email address for [email protected] and [email protected] what exactly do you mean :confused:

I think you mean creates a A RR record and/or a MX record in the master domain in ispconfig ???

Something like this....
    Or what you are telling me is that i need to create a client account for the domain and include a absue and postmaster email accounts ???

Yes that would be another question what if i want to create a client account and a website for the domain do i do this normally through ispconfig ???

regards
    brainz

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  4. till

No, the report you posted here complains about email addresses, not DNS. Just create the email addreses postmaster@... and abuse@.... for your domain.

5. brainz

brainz Member

So if i create a client account and a site within ispconfig for my domain www.baktim.com <--- which is the server that has ispconfig running on it also include 2 email accounts [email protected] and [email protected]

This should fix the problem :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

regards
    brainz

6. till

First, there is no problem in your setup at all! You posted areport that checked your server against the RFC recommendations.

If you want to solve this, create the email accounts as i suggested.

7. brainz

brainz Member

till,

I want to thankyou this worked ;):D:)

Now all i have to really do is workout how to fix the SPF Record which i think is for spammers i did look at this and it ask me to put some code into the main zone file which i have to workout where it is ???

But once again Thankyou very much....

Ohhh sorry but all these endless questions...

When i created the site do i have to tick/check these options

Create DNS:
    Create DNS-MX:

as far as i know these create there own dns and mx which i dont think i nedd if i want to use the already created master dns for the domain whould this be correct ???

regards
    brainz

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  8. till

Thats correct. If you already created the master DNS for the domain, do not check the create DNS and create DNS-MX checkboxes.