postfix ISPconfig problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by matehortua, Sep 7, 2005.

1. matehortua

matehortua New Member

hi everyone

i have a suse 9.3 and i follow the Falko manual COMPLETELY and everythink worked OK (in this case mail).
    by the way EXELLENT manual. Falko
    www.falkotimme.com/howtos/perfect_setup_suse9_3/index.php

now, when i finished the ISPconfig installation my mail (Postfix) wasnt working, and i was getting these logs:

Sep 6 18:07:54 acuario postfix/master[24681]: warning: empty macro name: "$#mydestination"
    Sep 6 18:07:54 acuario postfix/master[24681]: fatal: dictionary mail_dict: macro processing errorSep 6 18:08:56 acuario postfix[24841]: warning: empty macro name: "$#mydestination"
    Sep 6 18:08:56 acuario postfix[24841]: fatal: dictionary mail_dict: macro processing error
    Sep 6 18:09:06 acuario postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
    Sep 6 18:09:06 acuario postfix/master[24918]: daemon started -- version 2.2.1, configuration /etc/postfix

so, i comment the 3 lines that ISPconfig added to my postfix/main.conf :) and my mail was back :)

relay_domains = $#mydestination
    virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable
    mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names

can anyone explain me what should i do, to enable my mail and in the future allow others domain/users mail.
    i suppose those lines are very necesary.

tanx
    from colombia

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

try to add these three lines:

Code:
    mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names
    relay_domains = $mydestination
    virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable
    to your main.cf and restart postfix:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart

3. matehortua

matehortua New Member

ok i commented out again those 3 lines and I found 1 big error in the line

relay_domains = $#mydestination (the # ISPconfig put it there )
    i erase that # and is apparently working becouse the mails are getting in but staying in Queue, soo my users cant read their mail

these are the logs:

Sep 7 14:44:53 acuario postfix/qmgr[28989]: 051D437731: from=<[email protected]>, size=1665, nrcpt=1(queue active)
    Sep 7 14:44:55 acuario postfix/smtp[29012]: 051D437731: to=<[email protected]>, relay=ims.com.co[192.168.1.1], delay=13, status=sent (250 2.6.0 <[email protected]> Queued mail for delivery)
    Sep 7 14:44:55 acuario postfix/qmgr[28989]: 051D437731: removed

tanx

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, you need to remove the # in $#mydestination! Is it working now?

5. matehortua

matehortua New Member

yes its working tanx
    so my conclusion is that ISPconfig add those 3 lines and they are necsesary but the line
    relay_domains = $#mydestination

has that # that damages everything. sooo the solution is to erase that # (sharp)
    relay_domains = $mydestination

that is a bug that can keep you 1 complete day or even more stopped at work so plezz developrers fix it.

tanx everyone im starting to enjoy my ISPconfig

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

we will try to find out how this can happen. There are some thousand installs from ISPConfig out there and it is the first time that it was reported that quoting the variable is not worked correctly so i'am not shure if we can reproduce this behaviour. But we will try :)

7. matehortua

matehortua New Member

OK and tanx

my version is ISPconfig-2.0.7
    on a suse 9.3
    postfix 2.2.1-3

fresh installed with the Falko guide
    ;)

8. julianmatz

julianmatz New Member

Hello!

Just wanted to say I had the exact same issue. Didn't take me long to fix it but just wanted to report. I installed ISPConfig yesterday... System is Debian Sarge 3.1.

9. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

Ok this was part of my problem also, and I resolved that part as well.