postfix, mysql, pure-ftp setup error with localhost on external server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by theflame, Aug 12, 2010.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please run
    Code:
    mysqladmin flush-hosts
    and try again.

2. theflame

theflame New Member

Run as root:
    # mysqladmin flush-hosts

Then I got:
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

It seems endlessly

3. theflame

theflame New Member

Look, how can it be? Tens times I try to install this hosting panel on virgin Ubuntu Server 10.04 in accordance with this tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-10.04-lucid-lynx-ispconfig-3. But each time I get the same problem. In this time other people don't have such problem with this. How can it be? Who and where is wrong? I would like to install this panel without any additional acts. But it's evidently in my case that the problem has identical cause. Help me find it.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't know why there are wrong host- and usernames in the mysql.user table. Do you set the system up from scratch, or do you use some preconfigured image?

5. theflame

theflame New Member

I all do as in "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.04 [ISPConfig 3]" (((

6. theflame

theflame New Member

Unfortunately the problem is yet. Good-bye ISPConfig? Can anybody help me?

7. theflame

theflame New Member

Hi, falko!

Hope I found and decided my problem. The fact is in iptables and this material https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Internet/ConnectionSharing
    After this steps I got problems. I need to share Internet locally through this server. After studding iptables I found adn decided it.

Sorry for my worrying you.

Thank you.

Now I can enter through my ftp account and hope I can send mail too. About 10 minutes ago I did it on my free mail box without any visual problem. But I don't get it while. Is it normal delay?

Thank you else