Postfix not sending mails

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by toyinal, Jun 17, 2015.

1. toyinal

toyinal Member

I've setup Ispconfig 3.0.5 on Centos 7, Postfix will not send mails but give this error - please see the log

Jun 17 05:04:55 localhost postfix/smtpd[53887]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[192.168.1.5]: 451 4.3.0 <[email protected]>: Temporary lookup failure; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<server.bbbbb.com>

My original /etc/resolv.conf

Generated by NetworkManager

search bbbbb.com

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

Since bbbbb.com is not a DNS server, I deleted the line and restart postfix. But I still get the same error.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you able to resolve dns names on the shell at all? Try e.g.:

ping -c 1 google.com

3. toyinal

toyinal Member

Yes, it resolves,
    PING google.com (173.194.122.9) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from prg02s12-in-f9.1e100.net (173.194.122.9): icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=200 ms

--- google.com ping statistics ---
    1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 200.290/200.290/200.290/0.000 ms

On searching the web I think the problem may be the MySQL for Postfix

4. till

I dont think that this is mysql related. Please try to ping the domain that is mentioned in the error message:

ping -c 1 bbbbbb.com

and check the domain bbbbbb.com at intodns.com

5. toyinal

toyinal Member

PING bbbbbb.com (1.1.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from bbbbbb.com (1.1.1.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=104 ms

--- bbbbbb.com ping statistics ---1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 104.536/104.536/104.536/0.000 ms

The intodns report for bbbbbb.com was fine also, and the postfix report the same error for all domains.

6. till

Try to restart postfix and mysql. The run "postqueue -f" and check the mailqueue if the lookup failure still persists.

7. toyinal

toyinal Member

Restarted postfix and MySQL and the lookup failure persists, I think the recent yum update I did must have broken the postfix MySQL plugin

8. toyinal

toyinal Member

Whenever I'm trying to login into ISPConfig, there is a dump of this

#0 db->query(SELECT `value` FROM `sys_config` WHERE `group` = 'interface' AND `name` = 'session_timeout') called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:225] #1 db->queryOneRecord(SELECT `value` FROM `sys_config` WHERE `group` = 'interface' AND `name` = 'session_timeout') called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php:156] #2 app->conf(interface, session_timeout) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php:72] #3 app->__construct() called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php:330] #4 require_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/app.inc.php) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php:32] #0 db->query(SELECT config FROM sys_ini WHERE sysini_id = 1) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:225] #1 db->queryOneRecord(SELECT config FROM sys_ini WHERE sysini_id = 1) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/getconf.inc.php:53] #2 getconf->get_global_config(misc) called at [/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php:42]

- on the main screen.
    The problem I'm having of postfix not sending mails may be caused by this. Please help!!

9. till

Seems as if your ispconfig database is broken or incomplete. Was the system fully working before? Did you delete any tables or data in the ispconfig database?

10. toyinal

toyinal Member

There was a power failure to the server, may be the database is corrupted, but I did mysqlcheck to repair the dbispconfig database, and it reported that it is fine. Please advise what I should do ?

11. till

Which message do you get in phpmyadmin when you run this query inside the dbispconfig database?

Code:
    SELECT `value` FROM `sys_config` WHERE `group` = 'interface' AND `name` = 'session_timeout';
    and for:

Code:
    SELECT config FROM sys_ini WHERE sysini_id = 1;

12. toyinal

toyinal Member

0 result for the Ist query
    Showing rows 0 - 0 (1 total, Query took 0.0002 seconds.)

0 result for 2nd query as well
    Thanks

13. till

Ok, it seems as if the power outage destroyed parts of the database content so that data is missing now as both queries should return config data that exists on each ispconfig install. Do you create backups of your server regularily that contains also a backup of the dbispconfig database?