Postfix Question

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by m61, Apr 9, 2008.

1. m61

m61 New Member

i'm running a linux server based off 'the perfect server setup - debian etch' [WITHOUT ispconfig] as well as the amavid howto and i also added pflogsumm and mailgraph and i must say, it's a pretty decent setup, very little daily administration, it just chugs along nicely.

i went and took a look at my mailgraph graph, and i have a high number of "sent" emails - meaning, my "sent" email is about equal to my "recieved" email in the graph. now i do get a fair bit of spam a day, but it's flagged and filtered to my thunderbird junk email box, but i'm wondering where all my sent emails are coming from as i hardly ever send email with this address. i have run my email server against open realy tests, and i'm 99.9% sure that it is not an open relay, so i'm wondering where all the sent emails come from.

any insights? and/or ways i might be able to "fix" this?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think the problem might be somewhere in the amavisd configuration because amavisd receives emails from Postfix, processes them and passes them on to Postfix again. I think the passed-on emails get logged as sent emails in the mail log.

3. m61

m61 New Member

is there a way to check that? or change it so they aren't counted?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not sure how to tell Postfix not to log the mails that come from Postfix... :eek:

5. m61

m61 New Member

hrmm, now that i think about it, you're right, that wouldn't work so well :p

thanks though